Slouching Sim?

by MekiRinka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Slouching Sim?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Does anyone else's Sim slouch like this? Is it because she's an elder, because her daughter doesn't look like that. 

1. Elder

Capture+_2019-06-04-15-17-29.png

2. Daughter

Capture+_2019-06-04-15-18-42.png

Message 1 of 5 (1,181 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Slouching Sim?

★★★★ Guide
Yes! @MekiRinka

That’s one of the defining physical characteristics of a retired/elder sim. They slouch over like that. Other players can’t move in retired sims. I think it’s a great signal to others to let them know the sim is an elder/retired.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,170 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
Yes! @MekiRinka

That’s one of the defining physical characteristics of a retired/elder sim. They slouch over like that. Other players can’t move in retired sims. I think it’s a great signal to others to let them know the sim is an elder/retired.
Message 2 of 5 (1,171 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oh! That makes plenty of sense @simmerdownMAL 

Message 3 of 5 (1,167 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m 67 irl, and I don’t slouch because I diet and exercise, and do not have osteoporosis. Not everyone does, that is an unfortunate circumstance, a disease, and one’s doctor should be checking bone density with scans. Wish you could find a less ‘ageist’ way to identify an older sim, maybe a gray or golden (better) plumb bob? I dye my hair, too. I could probably beat any of you reading this in a foot race. Grumble 😶

Message 4 of 5 (1,118 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@redhededkewty wrote:

I’m 67 irl, and I don’t slouch because I diet and exercise, and do not have osteoporosis. Not everyone does, that is an unfortunate circumstance, a disease, and one’s doctor should be checking bone density with scans. Wish you could find a less ‘ageist’ way to identify an older sim, maybe a gray or golden (better) plumb bob? I dye my hair, too. I could probably beat any of you reading this in a foot race. Grumble 😶

^^^^^ This!!!!  I wish I could give more than one XP for this comment!  

I also wish they didn't look old in the family portrait.  IRL I have pictures of ancestors going back many generations and we always pick pictures and portraits of the ancestor in their prime, never in their old age.

Message 5 of 5 (1,097 Views)