Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Slouching Sim?

by redhededkewty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Slouching Sim?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Does anyone else's Sim slouch like this? Is it because she's an elder, because her daughter doesn't look like that. 

1. Elder

Capture+_2019-06-04-15-17-29.png

2. Daughter

Capture+_2019-06-04-15-18-42.png

Message 1 of 5 (196 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide
Yes! @o_heartofstone_o

That’s one of the defining physical characteristics of a retired/elder sim. They slouch over like that. Other players can’t move in retired sims. I think it’s a great signal to others to let them know the sim is an elder/retired.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (185 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide
Yes! @o_heartofstone_o

That’s one of the defining physical characteristics of a retired/elder sim. They slouch over like that. Other players can’t move in retired sims. I think it’s a great signal to others to let them know the sim is an elder/retired.
Message 2 of 5 (186 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh! That makes plenty of sense @simmerdownMAL 

Message 3 of 5 (182 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I’m 67 irl, and I don’t slouch because I diet and exercise, and do not have osteoporosis. Not everyone does, that is an unfortunate circumstance, a disease, and one’s doctor should be checking bone density with scans. Wish you could find a less ‘ageist’ way to identify an older sim, maybe a gray or golden (better) plumb bob? I dye my hair, too. I could probably beat any of you reading this in a foot race. Grumble 😶

Message 4 of 5 (133 Views)

★★ Expert

@redhededkewty wrote:

I’m 67 irl, and I don’t slouch because I diet and exercise, and do not have osteoporosis. Not everyone does, that is an unfortunate circumstance, a disease, and one’s doctor should be checking bone density with scans. Wish you could find a less ‘ageist’ way to identify an older sim, maybe a gray or golden (better) plumb bob? I dye my hair, too. I could probably beat any of you reading this in a foot race. Grumble 😶

^^^^^ This!!!!  I wish I could give more than one XP for this comment!  

I also wish they didn't look old in the family portrait.  IRL I have pictures of ancestors going back many generations and we always pick pictures and portraits of the ancestor in their prime, never in their old age.

Message 5 of 5 (112 Views)
sims-four-characters

Is someone not playing nice?

This game should be fun and fair! If you see someone breaking the rules, you can report them.

Report a player

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help