Re: Skill based matchmaking is not filling up lobbies

by Final_Zidane

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Skill based matchmaking is not filling up lobbies

★★★★ Guide

Having issues in quite a few lobbies that will not fill up because of this.  It is getting to the point of not even playing when 2 to 4

players each side takes so long to complete.  

I have also noticed since we aren't on a certain server anymore that there is quite a bit of lag unsure if it is due to the 

matchmaking or not.  I can see I will not be playing half as much anymore with this change.

Message 1 of 25 (2,874 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

You can manually change the server you connect to.  I started doing that because I hated getting put in the same game over and over again.  I'm a maxed level player but I'm nowhere near that great so whatever this new matching system is, it's not great.

View in thread

Message 20 of 25 (3,489 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

The new matchmaking does more harm than good. I'd like to have the former system back.

Message 2 of 25 (2,786 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

SBM works best when there're a lot of people playing and their skill spread for low to max rank, but once people quit the lobby, it's become difficult to match since no skillful player fit the criteria. I think they should consider to fallback the o old system when less people in the lobby.

Or maybe just use it for Boss Hunt since this's originally requested for Boss Hunt event.

Message 3 of 25 (2,777 Views)

[ Edited ]

I gave up playing last night because of this poorly conceived approach to match making. I kept getting put in the same cancerous lobby over and over again.

I usually enter games via friends so it isn't so much of an issue for me, but now that I've dived in solo a few times I have to agree with everyone that this needs to go ASAP.  Kudos to popcap for trying to address team balance, but this isn't working at all.

Message 4 of 25 (2,763 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I agree this SBM is messing things up you cannot even change lobbies because it throws you right back in the same one.

Go back to the old system and use this only for boss hunt maybe? 

We started a game a couple days ago, about 2 or 3 games in we were down to 7 players with no one coming in so I left and will

not return until they revert back.

Message 5 of 25 (2,748 Views)

★★★ Guide

Its such a bummer, you can tell they had good intentions. Its too bad it didn't work out. Oh well, its one week until a boss hunt, lets see if that goes better.

Message 6 of 25 (2,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I have a major league HUGE problem with this. They keep putting me in the same game with people I already played with. 7 straight times!!!! STOP IT!!!!!

And how you EA base upon who we match up, cause some high rank idiots play like IDIOTS............. That's ridiculous.

The other thing is, STOP letting people swtich sides in the middle of the game. Are you guys not thinking straight? These people are switching sides at their own convenience like who ever side seems to be dominant or winning the stage.

Message 7 of 25 (2,686 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@agentevil007

I can understand where you're coming from as ever since this match (in the picture) back in July, I've had a general dislike of high/max ranks. In that match, there were only a few high ranks to begin with, but as more joined in I thought one of them would join the zombies that always had one or two slots available. Boy, was I wrong and upset at how far they went in trashing up my partners left and right. Going so far as choosing overpowered characters like Torchwood, Electro Pea, Toxic Rose against a team where the next highest rank was 344? Really bad taste after that.

And from what I noticed then and still going on now with "Skill Based Matchmaking," is that max ranks like partying up/friending other max ranks. I've seen a screenshot where one guy is friends with 9 players on the same team and 0 on the opposite and they all had microphones. And if they happen to be on opposite teams, I've had the disappointment of having those on my team sit idle while the others on the opposite team steamroll. Where's the fun in that?

Choosing certain variants of certain classes and choosing certain sides with certain partners, I don't believe SBMM really does anything besides encourage that. Because, if you're going against something that's giving you trouble, why not bring the whole gang along as well as the best weapons to give you the feeling of beating them? (That's where I believe this tournament coming up might make things shine and show that you need actual skill.) Because of this, I'm playing Garden Warfare 2's competitive modes a lot less and going to Garden Ops more.

But not every high rank is bad; there are some decent ones out there. One time, a max rank player that vanquished me all the time as a sniper class switched to my team when I was alone against a group of five. No one else switched, but us two chemists dominated the four. He's the only max rank that's had my respect after that.

So, if you're upset, it's fine--I've been in that boat. Take a break from competitive. At least until there's a better solution in how to handle SBMM.

Message 8 of 25 (2,667 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

I know those max ranks guys. They like to stick together, and they smack everything one their path, they can be pretty annoying.

I got into an intense battle with them after I ambush and dance to one of them, then suddenly become a gang/group attack, plus they spy you up (everybody is looking for you and inform others where you are) and ignore everything else to bring you down.

SBM should split them apart so they can't merge to one team.

Message 9 of 25 (2,661 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@PC20XX in a case like that it is time to switch rooms, as it stands right now we cannot switch rooms we just get put right back in the same room.

I agree with you on your case it does get annoying at times when you have a whole group that does this.  If everyone in the room just bails on that game

they would all have to leave and try to start filling up a new lobby which takes time.

Message 10 of 25 (2,631 Views)