Re: Sith raid needs major revamp

by jedilord1

Original Post

Sith raid needs major revamp

★ Novice
I have a question and some feedback. I have to say this game is one of the best I’ve played. Not even just for mobile but period. It is fun and continues to grow and change. To the developers and those working hard at it continuously- thank you and well done.
Still, I realize after playing this game since it’s beginning in 2016, it has LOST some of its former glory. By this I mean fun factor. I used to want to keep getting better and improve my toons to get geared enough to do major damage (for example in raids). And the progress was not fast necessarily but it was noticeable. With this new sith raid that has completely vanished.
The raid is TOO MUCH. I’m not saying it’s merely hard, it’s just not fun. Mind you our guild is 25 and although majority are high levels some are not. So we stick to the 3-4 stat sith raid. There has been no noticeable difference in our damage output. It takes us 3-4 weeks to finish this raid...... that’s just stupid. If a raid is that low level it should never take that long with the toons we have. I’d understand if it was the highest level but a level 4 raid taking this long is frankly- discouraging and makes me want to stop playing.
I know it isn’t easy putting out a raid of this magnitude, but I’d rather play a raid I can enjoy, not feel overwhelmed and frustrated with Due to lack of readiness. I think there were glitches that were taken out because “it wasn’t supposed to work that way” or something a dev said. Well honestly, the game should be fun and if you all made that mistake because you pushed the raid out before it was ready, that’s not something to ruin the fans and game players tactics (I.e. by removing JTR’s dmamge output or taking the STH turn meter reduction out.) Come on! If we figured it out, leave it be. Who cares if someone can make a loop so to speak???? Next raid you come out with, be more careful and think of those things. Done rob us of the enjoyment. Plus it still took forever to defeat it anyways.....
All in all, this game is still fun but it is declining towards becoming what the newest Star Wars movie was. A weird and seemingly hurried repeat of what’s already been done in Star Wars while ignoring fans who have supported and enjoyed the idea for years. I haven’t been disappointed with this game until the sith raid. Sorry but in my opinion it should be completely revamped or just flat out removed. Finally my question..... is this even a possibility?
Message 1 of 8 (913 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @crewtg

I've moved your post to the correct board (Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes). Please remember to check if you're asking your question or providing feedback on the right forum in the future by choosing the appropriate board in the right top corner.

You'll get your answer much faster Standard smile

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 8 (867 Views)

★ Novice
Okay thank you!
Message 3 of 8 (864 Views)

★★ Guide
What does your roster look like? If you have gear 12 toons, that is one thing. My guild has a few gear 12, myself I have 12 and can do some decent damage to a tier 5 raid, over the course of 3-5 days. We have seen growth in my guild. Hopefully will be making the jump to 6 soon.
Message 4 of 8 (829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

the sith raid is supposed to be a "end-game"-content, a special challange for guilds with 160mio gp and more

if your guild needs several weeks to finish than your choosen tier is to high for your guild. that is normal for every raid in this game. my guild is able to finish tier 4 in less than one day, but for tier 5 we need  up to 5 days and is no fun at all.
the biggest problem in this raid are the awful rewards in any tier (except heroic) it makes no sense to waste hours over hours over several days or weeks for that tiny scrap reward, even a place 50 in rancorraid that cost us 5minutes of time is better rewarded than place1 in sithraid.

the best advice is choose a tier you can accomplish in a short time, all of you will be more happy with it. as long as you can´t play heroic you can also run tier 1 of sithraid, it doesn´t matter the rewards in tier1 and also in tier6 are awful and not worth for that timeinvestment

by the way: i guess the heroic sithraid can also be played by a 50mio gp guild, all the 50 members only needs a decent jedirey team... the raid is really poorly desigend

Message 5 of 8 (818 Views)

★ Novice
We don’t have a strong guild yet although we are growing in strength. We can’t seem to keep more than 25 players. I’m the strongest GP’s wise and I do less damage than some of the weaker members because I don’t have the correct roster for the sith raid. We keep trying but at this point I don’t even participate in the sith raid, it’s just too frustrating.
Message 6 of 8 (807 Views)

★ Novice
I totally understand end game stuff for players who have been there since the beginning. I just don’t understand why there are so many different tiers if that’s the case. It should be like the AAT and HAAT then, not like the rancor where the differences are clear from tier to tier. Also, the rewards are just not worth it at all. This raid to me was pushed out way too soon and I don’t think my guild, even though there are only 25 of us, should suffer through 3-4 weeks to finish tier 3.
Message 7 of 8 (806 Views)

★★ Guide
I gives the weaker guilds something they can do in the raid, and feel accomplished by working on beating higher tiers.
Message 8 of 8 (800 Views)