Simulation in franchise mode...is it completely random?

by adgrant35

Original Post

Simulation in franchise mode...is it completely random?

★★★ Apprentice

I am seeing conflicting opinions on the internet about this. Is there ANYTHING non-random about simulated games in franchise mode? Does the user have any impact on them? Is it the coordination of player roles or something that affects results? Is anyone noticing obviously weaker teams beating strong teams somewhat easily?

I've been trying to test this and superstars are consistently coming up low on points over the course of a season on whichever team I take control of. MacKinnon 68 pts in 79 games, but on CPU team 89 pts. Mcdavid 72 pts in 79 games, but on CPU team 94 pts. Crosby 60 pts in 70 games, but on CPU team 88 pts. I think coaching strategy has no impact so must be something else.

Message 1 of 3 (594 Views)

Re: Simulation in franchise mode...is it completely random?

Simulation in all modes seems to be a little hinky at times. Now, obviously, you can't win every single game but in earlier years I made sure to stack teams with all the super stars and even my 99 OVR created character, and they still lost a great number of games to scrubby teams

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 3 (569 Views)

Re: Simulation in franchise mode...is it completely random?

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, tested some more by putting together a super team and letting it sim.

Not only do they lose more games than they should... They get shut out more than usual. Bunch of games with scores 3-0, 2-0, 3-1, even though the team is purposefully made twice as talented as any other.

Message 3 of 3 (556 Views)