Sims4 have Conquered the Four Corners of the Large screen TV!

by Belisha_Beacon

Original Post

Sims4 have Conquered the Four Corners of the Large screen TV!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hello!!

Considering many people play sims 4 on large screen TV/monitor, why did EA decide to place the build tools at the top of screen?  Its time consuming and causes fatigue to move the mouse around such a large area.  In fact the general menu/layout of sims 4 suggests it is designed to be played using a mobile phone.  For instance the build tools are placed at the top of the screen, out of the way, just incase they were tippy tapped by mistake.

Yes, I am aware of the new sims mobile game and the layout is nothing like sims 4, but go on admit it sims 4 screams mobile game.

Click here to change neighbourhood

Click there to change world

Click here, there and everywhere to build an item. There some mad juggle skills right there!

Its all over the shop!

It would have been smarter of EA to stick with the style of sims 3 layout, [build buy tools/items located at the bottom of the screen.]

Also, changing neighbourhood/world...is annoying...click right to change this neighbourhood...click left to change that world.  Click Here, there and everywhere!

Yes, well done EA,  Sims4 has conquered the four corners of the large screen TV! Computer

Message 1 of 4 (293 Views)

Re: Sims4 have Conquered the Four Corners of the Large screen TV!

Champion (Retired)

They are placed where they are to maximize the actual visible play area.

For your mouse you may want to in Windows choose Settings, Devices, Mouse. Additional Mouse settings. On the Pointer options tab increase the Pointer speed.

And why would you rightclick to change neighbourhood? Leftclick the neighbourhood you want and select travel here..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (270 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen

"They are placed where they are to maximize the actual visible play area.

For your mouse you may want to in Windows choose Settings, Devices, Mouse. Additional Mouse settings. On the Pointer options tab increase the Pointer speed.

And why would you rightclick to change neighbourhood? Leftclick the neighbourhood you want and select travel here.."

-----------------------------------------

Firstly, You mention EA reckon the top screen placement of the build tools is to maximize play area, then why oh why make the Build inventory images huge?  It completely defeats the purpose of "clever" UI placement and in fact, make the area smaller.

Second,  Many thanks for sign posting the mouse settings!  Im sure someone will find it jolly useful, but makes no difference here. Hmm, Maybe 800x600 screen would make all the difference?  Less distance to travel?

Third, right click/left click...you do not understand?  Let me explain,  I refer again, the general overall layout of the UI.

1]  In order to exit from current build lot, one is required to "Right click top of the screen to manage world"

2]  While in manage world, one must move the mouse to the "Left side of the screen to select another World"

Do you understand? Since people play sims4 on large screen, there is more work involved, since have to move the mouse to the four corners of the screen. 

Whereas, in previous sims games the important tools/build/buy/edit world/etc were neatly place bottom/left of the screen. 

It was great, quick and easy to locate.  Now with the sims 4, I find  it a constant struggle to navigate. 

Yes, but enough of this sims4 garbage and welcome return to wonderful sims 3!  Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (222 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

800x600 is a very low resolution and is why items in build mode appear so large for you. The resolution should be at least 1920x1080.

You use leftclick to enter Manage worlds.

Also you might want to learn the keyboard shortcuts such as F5 for Manage Worlds

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 4 (221 Views)