by ariorisims

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims show Soulmates instead of Married after getting married with the arch

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires and holiday celebration pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choose to get married using the wedding arch.
What happens when the bug occurs? I got the 'just married' moodlet but the whim for 'get married' didn't complete, and my relationship status still shows 'soulmates' instead of 'spouse'.
What do you expect to see? The whim for wanting to get married to that sim should have completed and the relationship status should be changed to spouse.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims show Soulmates instead of Married after getting married with arch. 

I got the 'just married' moodlet. But the whim for 'get married' didn't complete, and my relationship status still shows 'soulmates' instead of 'spouse'.

Message 1 of 7 (4,967 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims show Soulmates instead of Married after getting married with the arch

Hero

HI @ariorisims 

sounds like this is working as it's supposed to.

Moving this to game info for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (4,840 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @ariorisims 

the whim issue has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Marriage-Whim-Not-Being-Fulfilled/td-p/7319869/  just click me too there.

As for the relationship bit, could you try travel to another lot to see if that maybe triggers a change ? You should see both

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (4,955 Views)

Champion

Soulmate is a relationship status that your sims will have if they have close to max friendship and romance bars at the same time and shows how they feel about each other.

Spouse is a relationship status that your sims will have after getting married. It should replace the "engaged" status they got when they got engaged.

After marriage, they should have both, like my sims do:

spouse.jpg

Spouse will not change until they stop being married, but soulmate should be dynamic depending on their relationship status (e.g. if the friend or romance bars drop enough they could stop being soulmates but still be married).

--------------------------

So your married couple having soulmate relationship isn't a bug.

Sometimes it takes a loading from one zone to another for sim relationship panels to update. Does the "spouse" relationship bit appear after you travel somewhere and then return home or quit the game and then load it back up again?

As for the whim not completing when they got married, that's a long-time bug that they should have fixed but then probably broke again - it's already been reported in this bug thread: Marriage whim not being fulfilled.

Message 3 of 7 (4,952 Views)

Hero

HI @ariorisims 

have you had any luck with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (4,908 Views)

★ Novice
In a matter of speaking.. When I go into the relationship tree, it shows my sims as being married. When I hover my mouse over the sim in the relationship window it still shows soulmate, but if i let it sit there for sec it shows the list of current relationship labels: soulmate, offspring, its a vampire, best friends, and spouse.
Message 5 of 7 (4,890 Views)

Champion
That all looks normal to me. It's supposed to show soulmate, which is the highest friend/love related status. Spouse is a label that only appears in the full relationship panel list. I don't think I've ever seen it beside the bars in thumbnail view.

Examples of things that you'll see in the place you're describing are disliked, acquaintance, friend, good friend, just friend, lovebirds, sweethearts, lovers, soulmates - all basic statuses that directly relate to the levels of the bars under their faces in the relationship window.

Things like spouse, best friend, mother, neighbour, co-worker don't appear in that place, and I don't recall that ever being different.
Message 6 of 7 (4,879 Views)

Hero

HI @ariorisims 

sounds like this is working as it's supposed to.

Moving this to game info for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (4,841 Views)