Re: Sims don't sleep

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims don't sleep

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, can someone please tell me why for the last two days my Sims refuse to go to sleep? I have several households, and I have had a problem with at least three of them. Their sleep bar is yellow or orange, or even red, and I tell them to go to sleep, and they do, for 2 or 3 minutes, then jump right out of bed and try to do something else. Kids, teens, and young adults, even adults. They refuse to stay asleep. I went so far as to fill up the que with sleep commands, only to have the lights flicker (lights set to auto on) as they erase one command and go to next one. Happens in Brindleton Bay, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest. Not had a problem with my Willow Creek household yet, although in that one, Summer Holiday my wife, took the dog out for a jog, and then stood on the path for over 12 hours doing nothing. She would not respond to commands. Dog was going crazy, barking at her, urinating on the ground, and playing in it, etc. He could not leave because he was leased to Summer. I switched to the husband and back to no avail, and finally had him go to the vet clinic to make treats. When I brought him back in the morning, Summer was there with the dog. A 12 hour jog? Really? That happened yesterday, when the no sleep started. They refuse to stay in bed and end up doing the bum in the air trick when they pass out. None of them are vampires, so I have no clue why they insist on no sleep. I have Sims 4, with Cats & Dogs, the backyard stuff pack, and just bought the Vampire pack yesterday. That might be the issue is the vampire pack, but wouldn't Origin/EA have found that out long before now?

Message 1 of 10 (1,708 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Champion

@Nimbindi, hopefully the brainstorm session that @kreatora@danuta720@SheriGR@jpkarlsen, & I contributed to has an answer for your problem! Cool  At least you have some options to try to fix things.  Please update us if you find a solution! Wink

Best of luck and Happy Simiing! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (1,572 Views)

All Replies

Dot.: Sims don't sleep

Hero (Retired)
@Nimbindi
Have you any mods in the game?
Message 2 of 10 (1,683 Views)

Champion

@Nimbindi, if you don't have Mods in the game like @kreatora asked about, then there could be a couple of other things.  First of all make sure all radios are turned off.  This is usually my problem with Sims not sleeping! Large smile  But Sims refusing to sleep is not a problem with the Vampires GP! Raised eyebrow  In this case, if you don't use Mods, then I would try to repair your game through Origin.  Sometimes this helps with glitchy games. Wink

Also, I've noticed that with Save Games that I've played a lot seem to have more problems like the woman standing there for hours doing nothing.  You can always try a cheat to see if that resets her:

Bring up the Cheat Box by pressing "Ctrl" + "Shift" + "C" and then in the box type "resetsim "First Name" "Last Name" and press "Enter"  (Type all of this without the quotes!) This should reset her! Standard smile So in your case in the Cheat Box type "resetsim Summer Holiday " and press "Enter".

Best of Luck and Happy Simming! Party hat

Message 3 of 10 (1,671 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Nimbindi,
You save the game according to the "save as" option.
Playing for a long time with one saves with the usual "save" - it can happen that it will cause game errors.
Because saves subscribe one on the other.

Do the same as advised by @PugLove888

Happy Simming!Party hat

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nie pracuję ani nie mam żadnych powiązań z EA. Jestem wolontariuszem i staram się pomagać graczom w naprawie ich gry zgodnie z moją najlepszą wiedzą i nie ponoszę odpowiedzialności za szkody wyrządzone twojemu komputerowi/grze.

Jeżeli moje wskazówki okazały się pomocne, nie zapomnij przyznać XP! Kliknij "Zaakceptuj rozwiązanie" jeżeli post pomógł Ci uporać się z problemem.
Dziękuję!
Message 4 of 10 (1,661 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Nimbindi I was having that happen to a couple of the Sims in a household once. I had to put in a whole string of sleep commands and keep re-adding them until they got enough sleep. (I also had this issue with fun and social (and maybe sleep - I can't remember) with the two children in a household where there was a crash of the parent's rocket ship.) A 'nightmare' for sure. I was afraid they would die of exhaustion if I just left the game without them getting some sleep first the were so exhausted! In my case the glitch went away. I can't remember exactly the solution, but these are things I would have tried, so it is likely one of them. 
You can try...

• I'm sure you did this already, but sometimes just leaving the game (especially if you haven't already saved it with the glitch running), shutting down the game then re-starting it will have fixed a glitch when you re-enter the lot.
• Go to 'Manage Households' and move the sim to a new household of their own. If it is a child you may need to move an adult with them. Save and exit the whole game, then go back in and open the household and save. Next go to Manage households and re-add them into the original household and save. Now go in and see if the glitch is gone.
• You can save the household into your library, and save the lot into the library, and repair the game. See if that fixes it.
• You can try moving the family to a new lot or home. A new household move is a kick in the pants that can do wonders to 'reset' some things.

If all of these things don't help, you can reset your game &/or the sim, as @PugLove888 suggested (see thread on link below for extensive detail on the process, if you want more info on it). Or you can just do it rather than trying the other things, for that matter. In the case of the Sims in my household that I mentioned I did not reset the game and I'm still playing them successfully. They did move past it - with some help. : https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

@danuta720 ... I did not realize that playing a long time on the same save could cause this type of thing. That may have been my issue in those two households. Good to know!

And, of course, as @kreatora mentioned, many odd behaviors and glitching can be rooted in Mods and CC, so removing and testing those may be needed, if you have any.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 10 (1,649 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PugLove888 Mentioned radios but also check other sources of noise such as TVs, Wind Chimes, instruments and children/pets getting a whim to "Wake up sim".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 10 (1,637 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks all, will try everything mentioned.

Message 7 of 10 (1,583 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Nimbindi, hopefully the brainstorm session that @kreatora@danuta720@SheriGR@jpkarlsen, & I contributed to has an answer for your problem! Cool  At least you have some options to try to fix things.  Please update us if you find a solution! Wink

Best of luck and Happy Simiing! Party hat

Message 8 of 10 (1,573 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Restarting the game works sometimes, thanks. Don't really want to move household but will try that

Message 9 of 10 (1,546 Views)

Champion

@Nimbindi, did moving your household fix your problem? WonderingFingers crossed

Message 10 of 10 (1,533 Views)