Sims Mobile - Why are my adult children strangers? Can't promote

by Mahvelush

Original Post

Sims Mobile - Why are my adult children strangers? Can't promote

★ Guide

My Sim-Baby almost literally grew up overnight. The high chair stayed locked in toddler-hood, so all she could do was poo (which was hilarious BTW). Then, POOF - very similar to actual motherhood, I'm mourning the quick growth of my child. Upon interaction with my now-adult Sim-Baby, she's a complete stranger. She lives in the household like a ghost, and the option to promote her doesn't work. Also, the interactions with her are as if she is a stranger, just another Sim who wanders around aimlessly but inside my home. I wanted a daughter, not a stranger!

Okay, I admit this is a bit dramatic. I like the game, have never played PC versions so this is really a trip. But if you don't get feedback, you don't know what players want, right? So here we are.

On a positive note, there are a ton of opportunities for Sims in childhood, many good ideas I've seen on these forums. But my biggest regret so far is wasting Simoleons on baby items that were literally of no or little use because my Sim-Baby grew up too fast. Here are few suggestions:

1. Slow down baby Sim growth.

2. Design game so you can hire a baby-sitter when you are working. God knows you can't stop working.

3. Build out child-friendly places like schools, playgrounds, etc. for activities with kids. When Sims are married with kids, speed dating as an activity just seems off. Add some kid stuff to the events.

4. Give Sim kids hobbies similar to parents for after-school like soccer, ballet, and music lessons.

5. Give Sim kids options to do homework 

6. As Sim kids grow, their school levels should as well. Then send them off to college so you can move them out.

7. Make baby Sims playable. Build out so that you have the option to use your offspring as the third or fourth Sim player so they can stay in the house and contribute to the household.

8. Also, and this goes for relationships with other Sims, let them interact outside the home if they want. Speed up relationships at the coffee shop on real dates.

10. Add kid birthday party events and play dates with other kids! 

11. Give us the option to change kid's clothes and hair styles similar to our regular Sims.

12. Finally, once kids are grown and working, let them earn enough cash to buy their own little house. Then you can hand-me-down all the cast-off furniture you're unable to use in your own house because there are so many duplicates of everything. 

13. Make Kid Sims playable so they can have babies and my retired Sims can have grandbabies.

I know much of this seems over-the-top, but I would be more apt to spend my actual cash on things in the game if there wasn't so much repetitiveness in the game. Like in life, I feel like all my Sims do is work (another thread for another time - work actions are way too long and repetitive) and I'm becoming bored after only playing the game for a few weeks.

Message 1 of 23 (15,414 Views)

Re: Sims Mobile - Why are my adult children strangers? Can't promote

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
Can you provide a picture? I think the baby issues in the game are always bugs.

As for suggestions:
1. Baby growth doesn't have to be changed, 1 day is good enough. As for toddlers and children growth, the Sims Mobile team don't need to change it atleast.

Also, the Sims Mobile has real-time based actions. It is the game's core play, making it unique from other The Sims titles on PC and Consoles. (I also understand the day and night cycle not getting added yet)

2. Yes, a baby-sitter would be a good idea. But remember, you take care of the baby events, toddler events, and child events yourself, so maybe, we could have this but it really isn't of much importance right now.

Lets take the game's progress slow and see how it evolves to our liking. Standard smile
We can't have a game full of bugs you know, not when its a handful of them.

Sincerely, an avid Sims player
-Avid1437
Message 2 of 23 (15,397 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I’m happy with the growth/time ratio too but I can’t get my head around the fact my adult children become strangers that I need to befriend, even though if you click on them it still says [name]-son/daughter!
I really want to be able to continue to interact with them regardless of their age and not have them suddenly become strangers living in my house and family photo.
Message 3 of 23 (15,311 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Finealta Yes, this is because there is no relationship points being rewarded while they are in those stages (baby, toddler, child). Only XP is being earned.

We could suggest a head start in relationship levels with every child's parents right after they grow up, because you get a good relationship with that child because you took care of them (in the game, having finished the Relation Events).
Message 4 of 23 (15,300 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Is my daughter an adult or teenager? Why isn’t she growing up even after many interactions?
Message 5 of 23 (15,289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
(How do I tag you? The @ thing didn’t work for me!)

I never thought about it that way! Now it seems completely obvious lol.
Right... So now I think instead of a head start with our kids, their adulthood should unlock a seperate set of relationship options similar to the normal ones, but still connecting them to you as your child. Maybe they can have a “loving” relationship or be “estranged” instead of the rivalry one or frenemies.
Message 6 of 23 (15,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert
Cassie000143:

There are no teens on Sims Mobile. It goes baby, toddler, child then adult. A child is bigger that a toddler and walks normally arpund the house. You can only chat or praise them. Furniture wise they can now use the kids drawing table and chair.
After their birthday they become adults and look just like normal adults but become strangers living in your house lol

If you’re not getting the blue birthday symptoms age them up and you’re interacting with them enough then it could be a bug. I’m almost positive I saw a post about it in the bug forum if that’s the problem. Good luck!.
Message 7 of 23 (15,269 Views)

★ Guide

Just getting back on here after a bit of a hiatus, so my apologies for late response...but YES!!!!

It's just creepy for DaddySim to have the ability to make flirty advances with his kid. EeeeeWWWW!!!!

Message 8 of 23 (15,178 Views)

★ Guide

Just seeing this...did your baby ever grow up?

Message 9 of 23 (15,176 Views)

★ Guide

I was finally able to promote my SimDaughter once I earned enough cash to add a third player. I really like having three Sims going to work to earn coin, but now they keep prompting retirement. I want them to stick around a while because I accidentally retired my other Sims and even with their progress supposedly being saved in the game, my new Sims had to start from scratch in careers anyway. That was a lot of wasted time and SimCash.

Message 10 of 23 (15,175 Views)