Re: Sims Families -general discussion

by Finealta

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

@Finealta wrote:

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@Finealta wrote:

Oh i wanted to ask anyone if they’re having trouble getting 3* good upbringing boys?  I seem to only get 1-2* boys and always 3* girls... its very odd 🤔 

I find boys and girls the same.  When it decides to skip the events (showing them available when you log on in the morning but changing to a birthday cake before you can tap on your first sim) it does it for both boys and girls at the same rate (at least for me).

So if i dont get time to tap my sim before the cake, thats how i lose the stars?

Yup.  When I first log on in the morning, sometimes I notice the family event button above a baby/toddler/child but all of my sims have finished their nightly task.  I click on one to clear the pink checkmark and the family event button has already changed to the birthday cake button.  This is new in the last couple weeks.  Before that I always had time to collect rewards from the nightly actions and still do the good upbringing events.

Message 91 of 1,075 (1,197 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Finealta I haven't had this happen yet but I only create babies every once in awhile. I'll try it and see what happens. 😋

Message 92 of 1,075 (1,191 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@Finealta wrote:

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@Finealta wrote:

Oh i wanted to ask anyone if they’re having trouble getting 3* good upbringing boys?  I seem to only get 1-2* boys and always 3* girls... its very odd 🤔 

I find boys and girls the same.  When it decides to skip the events (showing them available when you log on in the morning but changing to a birthday cake before you can tap on your first sim) it does it for both boys and girls at the same rate (at least for me).

So if i dont get time to tap my sim before the cake, thats how i lose the stars?

Yup.  When I first log on in the morning, sometimes I notice the family event button above a baby/toddler/child but all of my sims have finished their nightly task.  I click on one to clear the pink checkmark and the family event button has already changed to the birthday cake button.  This is new in the last couple weeks.  Before that I always had time to collect rewards from the nightly actions and still do the good upbringing events.

I'm having the same problem. By the time I click the check mark from what they were doing the birthday cake appears instead of getting to do the event with them. Last night I had to leave a Sim doing nothing during the night to get the opportunity to do the baby interaction!

Message 93 of 1,075 (1,183 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Finealta wrote:
A few of us have been chatting about our families and the funny quirks we see or end up with from toddler to adult, so I thought I’d create a thread for it!

For instance...
Last generation one of my children grew into an adult with a braided bun which isn’t available to me, so
Atm I’m strategically trying to make babies with people whose hair I like to see if I can get one that I haven’t unlocked lol. I don’t think that’s how it works, but I’m trying anyway 😂
@themummyof4@mamabearboys@VintageStarlette@PaQuilter1@bustynutz

I've now unlocked all of the hair but that strategy worked well for me before I finished unlocking them all.  About every third child ended up with a hairstyle I didn't have..  I think hair style is random and not based on parents.  Hair color, on the other hand, seems to be based on the parents to some extent.  

Message 94 of 1,075 (1,177 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Alexander Knight V and David Knight retired this week.  They will be missed.  They are still hanging around the house for a few days to ensure that the entire superhero's code and knowledge are fully passed down.  Soon they will retire to the Superhero's Hall of Fame (Also known as the Llama Memorial).  I'll miss Alex.  He has been my favorite sim since Alex I.  Alex and David have been replaced by David Jr. and Jonathan, who was named for his great uncle. Alexander Knight VI is still too young for active assignment in the Laser Eyed Llamas.

Message 95 of 1,075 (1,172 Views)

★★★★ Expert
aw, we'll miss them, and the excitement they brought... Victoria will be glad that she had her baby before even more relatives retired....
Message 96 of 1,075 (1,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@Finealta wrote:
A few of us have been chatting about our families and the funny quirks we see or end up with from toddler to adult, so I thought I’d create a thread for it!

For instance...
Last generation one of my children grew into an adult with a braided bun which isn’t available to me, so
Atm I’m strategically trying to make babies with people whose hair I like to see if I can get one that I haven’t unlocked lol. I don’t think that’s how it works, but I’m trying anyway 😂
@themummyof4@mamabearboys@VintageStarlette@PaQuilter1@bustynutz

I've now unlocked all of the hair but that strategy worked well for me before I finished unlocking them all.  About every third child ended up with a hairstyle I didn't have..  I think hair style is random and not based on parents.  Hair color, on the other hand, seems to be based on the parents to some extent.  

Oh that’s awesome to know!  From my experience with my constant sim breeding lol, the parents hair colour is 100% genetically related.

Goodby to the much loved and now retired Knights.  Alex especially was a knight in shining... ummm... underwear for many of of ladies!  They will all most certainly be missed.

Sierra will be leaving any day now. Most likely today actually.  Just waiting for her to 100% complete the arch nemesis relationship with Lily 😝😂

She will be replaced by her daughter Hope, but not to worry.  Hope wont have her mother’s traits lol.

Message 97 of 1,075 (1,165 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@Finealta wrote:

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@Finealta wrote:

ARGH!!!! This literally just happened to me again with my son!  He had the event above his head, i went to get his mum to complete it and when i got back he had the cake instead!! 🤦🏻‍♀️ 😖

Message 98 of 1,075 (1,153 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Woohoo!  hahahah sorry, not the sim kind, just the excitement kind!  He still got his three stars 😃😃😃

Message 99 of 1,075 (1,152 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BlueWizardRob Awww...I noticed it at your party.  He is Jake's best friend, but he lives on at the Harris house. Now I understand the halo better. I guess when Jake retires so will Alex. 😇

Message 100 of 1,075 (1,136 Views)