Re: Sims 4 World's

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 World's

★★★ Newbie

I'm looking into buying a new world for the Sims 4 and was wanting to know what you guys though was the best bang for my buck. I've been looking into possibly buying Windenburg. I would prefer what ever World has the most plots on it. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you

Message 1 of 5 (531 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@EthoBot2000, hello! Standard smile

I'm sorry if I misunderstand you, but when you say you want to buy a new world, do you mean you want to buy a new pack for Sims 4 that has a new world in it?Wondering  I just want to make sure I'm understanding you, since the only way I know of to get a new world is to buy a new pack, as different worlds are not sold separately. Wink

That said, yes, the Windenburg (from the Get Together EP)  is one the towns that has the largest number of plots, as is San Myshuno (from the City Living EP)

Windenburg has 27 plots total (13 commercial/communal, 14 residential {with 8 of those already being occupied by Maxis-made families that you can move out if you wish}).

San Myshuno also has 27 plots (6 commercial/communal, 21 residential (with 8 of those already being occupied by Maxis-made families that you can move out if you wish}). BUT,  these residential plots are almost entirely in the form of apartments, which means that you can do very little to change those plots. Only one residential plot is not an apartment.  The Commercial//Communal plots are not in the apartments, but since they are tied to the festivals that come with City Living, I wouldn't want to change those venues.

After that, the next pack that has the most plots is Brindleton Bay (Cats & Dogs EP) with 16 total plots (5 Commercial/Communal and 11 Residential (3 being already occupied). 

Del Sol Valley (Get Famous EP) has 11 total plots (5 Commercial/Communal and 6 Residential with 3 of those being occupied)

Forgotten Hollow (Vampires GP) has 5 plots that are all residential (there is a communal park area, but you can't purchase it so it can't be changed into a residential plot).

There are worlds in GP's Jungle Adventure and Outdoor Living (I think that is its name … its Outdoor SomethingOops EmbarrassedLarge smile ), but these worlds are only available on vacation and can't be lived in permanently.

Also, the EP Seasons doesn't have any new plots or worlds (but it is still one of my favorites since it adds so much to the game! Heart

Keep in mind that you can turn residential lots into commercial/communal ones and vice versa.(the one exception might be San Myshuno since I don't think you can turn an apartment into a commercial/communal lot!)

I hope I explained this well enough!  Please feel free to ask, if you have any more questions!  Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (525 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@EthoBot2000, hello! Standard smile

I'm sorry if I misunderstand you, but when you say you want to buy a new world, do you mean you want to buy a new pack for Sims 4 that has a new world in it?Wondering  I just want to make sure I'm understanding you, since the only way I know of to get a new world is to buy a new pack, as different worlds are not sold separately. Wink

That said, yes, the Windenburg (from the Get Together EP)  is one the towns that has the largest number of plots, as is San Myshuno (from the City Living EP)

Windenburg has 27 plots total (13 commercial/communal, 14 residential {with 8 of those already being occupied by Maxis-made families that you can move out if you wish}).

San Myshuno also has 27 plots (6 commercial/communal, 21 residential (with 8 of those already being occupied by Maxis-made families that you can move out if you wish}). BUT,  these residential plots are almost entirely in the form of apartments, which means that you can do very little to change those plots. Only one residential plot is not an apartment.  The Commercial//Communal plots are not in the apartments, but since they are tied to the festivals that come with City Living, I wouldn't want to change those venues.

After that, the next pack that has the most plots is Brindleton Bay (Cats & Dogs EP) with 16 total plots (5 Commercial/Communal and 11 Residential (3 being already occupied). 

Del Sol Valley (Get Famous EP) has 11 total plots (5 Commercial/Communal and 6 Residential with 3 of those being occupied)

Forgotten Hollow (Vampires GP) has 5 plots that are all residential (there is a communal park area, but you can't purchase it so it can't be changed into a residential plot).

There are worlds in GP's Jungle Adventure and Outdoor Living (I think that is its name … its Outdoor SomethingOops EmbarrassedLarge smile ), but these worlds are only available on vacation and can't be lived in permanently.

Also, the EP Seasons doesn't have any new plots or worlds (but it is still one of my favorites since it adds so much to the game! Heart

Keep in mind that you can turn residential lots into commercial/communal ones and vice versa.(the one exception might be San Myshuno since I don't think you can turn an apartment into a commercial/communal lot!)

I hope I explained this well enough!  Please feel free to ask, if you have any more questions!  Angel

Message 2 of 5 (526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow! Thank you so much, that has helped out a lot, I'm pretty sure I'm going to to go with Windenburg. One other question though, witch pack (I guess it's a pack, where it has the world and items and you buy it all together) has the most items included, like tables and furniture, ect. And thank you again the information you gave me is going to help oio alot !

Message 3 of 5 (520 Views)

Champion

@EthoBot2000, There are sooooo many items in the packs that it would take forever to go through them, count them, list which pack they are in and report back with that information. Disappointed  So, I find that the best way to see what's in a pack is to start you game, and on the Main Menu to the left there are little colored dots with different pack icons on them.  The ones you don't have yet will be faded out, but if you click on them and have an internet connection, it will take you to a page that shows each hairstyle, each clothing item, each building item, and each furniture item.  (Furniture and architectural items are on the tab to the right, while hair, makeup, & clothing are on the tab to the left.).  Now, it won't show each color or pattern that each item comes in, but it will at least show you the basic forms and one color/pattern choice of each item.  (So a pair of pants might just show a solid red pair, but in the game it will be this pair plus several other colors and sometimes patterns! Cool )

And yes, the packs are where you get all the new items plus the new worlds .  But there are 3 different types of packs:
Stuff Pack (SP) -- the smallest pack with the least amount of items.  Usually just has one or maybe 2 items that actually affect gameplay in a new way (like the ice cream maker in Cool Kitchen Stuff, or the wishing well in Romantic Garden Stuff). This is also the least expensive type of pack.

Game Pack (GP) -- Larger than a SP but smaller than an EP.  Has a good amount of items, and many more gameplay interactions.  Is priced in the middle.

Expansion Pack (EP) -- the largest pack for when you want to truly expand you game!  Has the most items, and the most gameplay of all the packs.  Often has new worlds (but not always). The most expensive of the packs, but it adds the most to your game.

I would concentrate on EPs first (especially since you want to play in new worlds Wink ), and then GPs.  (I love SPs too, but they are much more limited than the other 2 types of packs.  But they are great for a wardrobe refresh!).

As to which is the best pack, that depends on you, since no 2 people play the Sims in the same exact way. Cool I love animals and families, so I think the Cats & Dogs (EP), the Parenthood (GP), the Kid's Bedroom Stuff (SP) , & the Toddler Stuff (SP) are essential for me.  But someone else might prefer single Sims and so City Living (EP), Get to Work (EP), Spa Day (GP) and Luxury Party (SP) might be better choices. Thinking These are just examples though.  

And ironically, even though I don't like playing parties in my game that much, I found Luxury Party (SP) to be one that I use all the time for the makeup styles that this pack added (not to mention the sparkly evening gowns!) , but this pack wouldn't be as interesting to those who don't care about makeup on their Sims. Large smile

My one recommendation is for Seasons (EP) because even if you don't feel that you have to have snow or rain, the pack just works so nicely with all the types of gameplay, as well as with other packs. Party hat

You can also go back and check out the Developer's Livestreams on the Sims 4 Twitch channel to see all the items and most of the game play demonstrated.  While these were originally done live right before a certain pack was released, you can still watch them now. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/375151430

Some of these are more of the upcoming news, but some are previews of the packs when they were released, so dig around! Wink

Finally, for more information of Sims 4 packs (not to mention some fantastic tips) check out Carl's Sims 4 Guide  

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/

You might start with in the middle of the top bar ==> click on Guides (in the middle) and when another bar appears below that, click on Expansions (on the right).  From there you can pick which expansion (EP, GP, or SP) you would like to look at! Angel

Feel free to tell us what you decide to get! :eahigh_file:  Also feel free to ask more questions!

Happy Simming! Heart

Message 4 of 5 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EthoBot2000, in case you haven't heard about it, a new Game Pack is coming out next week called Strangerville!  Usually GPs don't offer much in the way of new Worlds (since they are ususaly only in vacation destinations were you can't live permantanly, or they are very small like in the Vampires GP).  But Strangerville will have 11 lots! Raised eyebrow While that isn't nearly as much as the Get Together's World of Windenburg, Strangerville will actually have more livable lots than Get Famous's Del Sol Valley, which is an Expansion Pack! Cool  Even Cats & Dogs (EP) with its 15 lots isn't much bigger in world terms.  EPs cost more than GPs, so if your main buying consideration is the amount of lots a new world has, I would still prioritize Get Together for your needs, but if you are thinking about another pack that has a world that gives you a good amount of lots to live on, keep Strangerville in mind.  Wink

Message 5 of 5 (465 Views)