Sims 4 NPC(s) living on a community lot

by Aesthetixtect

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 NPC(s) living on a community lot

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello! I played today The Sims 4 after I did a factory reset of The Sims 4 and I discovered a bug that NPC's live in a library in Newcrest. I had this problem also in my previous save game when there was a family who lived in the Spa in Newcrest and it really bothers me. Can someone please help me?                                               Schermopname (205).png

Message 1 of 8 (2,539 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 NPC(s) living on a community lot

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I found out a solution: Go into live mode and select buy an store, then hover your mouse cursor above every community lot if it says that you can't buy it then that lot is fine if it says that you can buy it then place the same building again on that lot (You can do that if you make an extra save and save the same building you can buy to the library). This worked for me so far! I think this has to do with the weird households moving into community lots problem because I never had that problem again in that save.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (2,436 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Moved to Sims 4 forum.

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 2 of 8 (2,528 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Aesthetixtect
Go to the panel " City Menagment" on the right in the top there is the option "Family Management " Find in this panel this family and evict it or move it to other lot
By the way- this is a strange bug. Have you some mods ?
I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 8 (2,515 Views)

★ Guide
Sorry, this is my first time using EA Answers HQ.
Message 4 of 8 (2,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

No, I don't have mods but when I do that City management thing they will still move in community lots. I found out something really strange, I decided to buy a shop and while I was hovering with my cursor over a gym it gave me the option to buy the gym so I decided to go the world manager and build the gym again by just saving it to the library and place it again on the same lot and then I went back in live mode and decided to look if other lots had that option too, so the gym didn't have that weird buy option anymore, but now the park gave that weird option, by the park did i do the same thing as by the gym and now there are no community lots i can buy (Except for stores, restaurants and vet clinics) so I really think its a glitch.

Message 5 of 8 (2,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Aesthetixtect
What purpose these buildings have when you click on them in the info panel on the left in the top? Did you change its name in the info panel for example from the "residential lot" to the SPA?

This picture is not very clear. Standard smile
Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder
Go to Origin / library / right click on The Sims4 option repair game
Let me know if it helped

Message 6 of 8 (2,472 Views)

★ Guide
No, i just downloaded community lots from the gallery and while i was playing random NPCs moved into the community lots.
Message 7 of 8 (2,459 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I found out a solution: Go into live mode and select buy an store, then hover your mouse cursor above every community lot if it says that you can't buy it then that lot is fine if it says that you can buy it then place the same building again on that lot (You can do that if you make an extra save and save the same building you can buy to the library). This worked for me so far! I think this has to do with the weird households moving into community lots problem because I never had that problem again in that save.

Message 8 of 8 (2,437 Views)