Re: Sims 4 Missing the Foundation builder

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Missing the Foundation builder

★★ Novice

Is anyone else having problems with their foundation builder?  Sims did an update late November and it fixed a problem I was having.  Now, I don't have a foundation builder.  I play on a laptop.  I can't see this being a problem but I could be wrong.

Message 1 of 9 (14,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@BellatrixLS4321, the foundation builder has changed with the recent updates due to terrain features being added.  We now can have foundations of different heights or one building can have a foundation and another on the same lot can not have a foundation! :eahigh_file:

Instead of the foundation builder, you can choose from the bottom row (where you would normally build walls and foundations) either a foundation or a deck (it won't have any height at this point)  and then click on it as if to change its size or shape (so that you can see a white outline of a room with arrows that you can pull or push to change it).  You will now notice in the middle that there is an vertical handle with arrows pointing up and down and a box in the middle of it -- that is what you use to make a foundation now! Cool The more you move it up, the higher your foundation will be, but you can also move it down too!  So just use the solid box in the see-through box to move your foundation.  Here is a picture:

12-06-18_3-58-26 AM.png

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (14,258 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@BellatrixLS4321, the foundation builder has changed with the recent updates due to terrain features being added.  We now can have foundations of different heights or one building can have a foundation and another on the same lot can not have a foundation! :eahigh_file:

Instead of the foundation builder, you can choose from the bottom row (where you would normally build walls and foundations) either a foundation or a deck (it won't have any height at this point)  and then click on it as if to change its size or shape (so that you can see a white outline of a room with arrows that you can pull or push to change it).  You will now notice in the middle that there is an vertical handle with arrows pointing up and down and a box in the middle of it -- that is what you use to make a foundation now! Cool The more you move it up, the higher your foundation will be, but you can also move it down too!  So just use the solid box in the see-through box to move your foundation.  Here is a picture:

12-06-18_3-58-26 AM.png

Message 2 of 9 (14,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Oh my gosh!  That seemed so obvious and I didn't get it.  I just went to try it out.  Bam!  There it was. I am so so happy now.  I thought something was wrong with the game or my laptop.  Thank you so much for taking the time to read and give me a positive feed back.  You're awesome.:eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 9 (14,252 Views)

Champion

Thank you! Heart It was no problem since that is what I'm here for!  I'm happy that you can now access your foundations! :eahigh_file:  Don't feel bad; It is understandable that anyone could miss this since there aren't any in-game notes that we can read explaining where things were moved to! Raised eyebrow We get used to doing something a certain way and then suddenly that way is changed -- most people have some amount of trouble with that! Wink  I happened to see the Developer's Livestream on the new patch features a few weeks ago so I was fortunate, otherwise I would have been in the same boat as you! Large smile Angel

Message 4 of 9 (14,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much I thought It had just disappeared!! Standard smile

Message 5 of 9 (13,905 Views)

Champion

You're welcome @Thepinkbird212Standard smile

Message 6 of 9 (13,886 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

OMG!!!! I have been trying to figure this out for days now!!! Thank you so much!!! Now I can make a porch lol!!

Message 7 of 9 (8,253 Views)

Champion

@cjhall90glad you can now make your porch! 

Message 8 of 9 (8,196 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PugLove888 Thank you 🙏🏻
Message 9 of 9 (3,793 Views)