Sims 4 Fire

by drdraco50

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Fire

★★★ Newbie

Great advice, unless the game won't let you exit out of the "on fire" task and move on to the "extinguish self" task. I tried about a hundred times to get my Sim to go to the shower, and he just stood there and burned to death. 

Message 51 of 82 (2,422 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Cancel the On Fire task by clicking on it in the task queue.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 52 of 82 (2,408 Views)

★★★ Novice
I really, really miss having a fire department in Sims 4.
My Christmas tree started a fire the other day. Two of my children died from it while others were trying to put each other and them out. Luckily they were spared from death (both of them! How lucky!) and their family continued to mourn them uncontrollably for days.
Message 53 of 82 (2,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Due to SimCity's budget cuts (seeing as how Landgraab wasn't making enough money off of owning the entire city), the fire department had to be closed down. However, in the alarm section of your buy catalogue you will find both a fire alarm and something that looks like a crude jetpack. The first one is obvious, the latter is a fire safety system. If you attach this unsightly object to any accessible space of your house and the house catches fire, it will be triggered by the fire alarm to set off sprinklers over the fire, putting it out within moments and hopefully preventing too much damage and/or death. If this option is out of your family budget, you can use the free fire extinguisher (fits right in your pocket for convenience) by clicking on the inferno and hope for the best. You'll probably end up with some pretty damaged furniture, but don't worry! Your sim has insurance - albeit really awful insurance - so you'll get a little money back for the damages. Key word being little.

The good news is the crime rate went down significantly, aside from a few kleptomaniacs running around, so the police department was closed down as well. There is no need for a burglar alarm anymore, so you won't find that in your buy catalogue either.

Message 54 of 82 (2,361 Views)

Champion

@Squishyfishfood, I of course love how you gave information to help others in putting out and preventing fires in The Sims 4 Angel , but I also really love how you gave a reasonable and funny backstory explaining the lack of a fire department and burglars in the game! Large smile:eahigh_file:HeartParty hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 55 of 82 (2,336 Views)

★★★ Newbie

buy the on the out side of home so when a fire starts the sprinklers will come on

Message 56 of 82 (2,289 Views)

★★ Novice

I've just had the same problem . Luckily my butler was on point and started to extinguish the fire. i couldn't even move and started to give up on my sim , i knew he will die then my butler just showed up and started to extinguish the fire ! I was surprised i didn't knew he can do that ! So yeah . That's not the fire service but i think it's a pretty decent replace of fire service ! If you have enough money just a hire a butler . He/she will help you with a lot ,even extinguishing fire ! Just make sure you have a bed for him/her else he won't show up and i think you won't be charged until you set the bed on his name. Just click on the bed and your butlers name should show up then click on it and thats it. You have a butler , Sir !

Message 57 of 82 (2,213 Views)

Champion

Yes!  Give that Butler a raise! Angel:eahigh_file:  

I do play with a number of larger houses with bigger bank accounts that can afford a butler. Cool But I also have some poor households, or even wealthy households with no space for a butler. Frown  In that case I just buy the fire sprinkler and put it outside.  But usually my Sims are able to take care of fires themselves, although I've had a few instances where they were stuck and they died. Angry  I let one Sim remain dead for story purposes, but in another household I had to quit my game without saving in order to have my Sim stay alive! DisappointedRaised eyebrow

I also have created an underground "storm celler" and had a butler sleep there! Not very elegant, but it was a way to get around a small lot's limitations! Wink

Message 58 of 82 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Novice

My game (no matter age if sim) gives the option to extinguish fire but it's always gray and they are never allowed to do it. And we cannot use phones to call firemen (fire was outside once so no alarm). I don't understand sims 4 fires. 

Message 59 of 82 (2,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@JoJoBirdzz, fires in Sims 4 can be a bit tricky sometimes. Disappointed  Most of the time I've noticed that when the option to "Extinguish" a fire is grayed out, it is because either some other Sim has decided to put it out themselves autonomously, or the fire has run its course and is about to die on its own.:eahigh_file:  This could have been why that option was gray and unselectable in your game. Wink    Also, usually if a Sim is what catches fire, the Sim on fire has an option to "Extinguish Self" if you click on the Sim, or someone else in the house has that option.  

But, to be on the save side, you can put a fire sprinkler in your home -- it is found with the smoke alarm and is the square-ish object. Standard smile

Message 60 of 82 (2,076 Views)