Sims 4 Fire

by drdraco50

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Fire

★ Novice

Exactly! I've played Sims 3 before... and never had a fire. Now with Sims 4 fires are so common in my house, one person died! I kept waiting for the firemen, but none showed up. At least I had 3 Sims in my household to extinguish the flames.Confusedmileymad:

Message 11 of 82 (8,631 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I told my Sim to "extinguish fire" but he just ran around until he caught fire. Got him in the shower, so he's been doused and saved, but still cannot get him to extinguish the fire. This has been an ongoing MAJOR BUG since the original Sims game. I'm beginning to think that the creator/s think it is funny. I don't.

Where are the firemen? How do I put the fire out when my Sim cannot do so because they are freaking out, or I keep getting the message "cannot do because there is a fire on the lot".

Doh! So tired of this problem. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Message 12 of 82 (8,635 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@ObjectSeeker7 wrote:

Well, I just got the game today for Christmas, have been playing it for about 2 1/2 hours and just had my first fire.  I was freaking out because I didn't know what to do, sent my sim on the route to safety because that was the only option I could get, kept waiting for the firemen to show up, tried to call for firemen on the phone but was informed that this action was not available because there was a fire on my lot so I decided to google it and came upon this thread only to find out that firemen apparently do not exist and my sim may die trying to save his house. I got $612 or thereabouts for damages done by the fire.  It was too bad that the cheapest fridge and stove well exceed that, I won't even talk about the counters I had to replace and my newly designed tiles.  I have to say, the scorched look is growing on me.  All the while this is all going on, my boyfriend is having quite the laugh at my reaction.  I'm glad to report that my sim survived his ordeal, I; however, may need therapy.

OS7

Well said. Especially the part about how you have over six hundred dollars in damages and the cheapest fridge and stove well exceed that. I think I'll go search for cheats. Rotten that this game, so well thought out, is so utterly flawed.

Message 13 of 82 (8,625 Views)

[ Edited ]

Well a Sim that can not cook should not cook on a higher skill level then he is at. That's what creates fire. 
The skill levels are mentioned next to the recipes.

Make sure you get the Sprinkler system. :womanhappy:

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 14 of 82 (8,622 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@allie020606 wrote:

Exactly! I've played Sims 3 before... and never had a fire. Now with Sims 4 fires are so common in my house, one person died! I kept waiting for the firemen, but none showed up. At least I had 3 Sims in my household to extinguish the flames.Confusedmileymad:

Indeed. Well, apparently, since there were fires, genies and horrifyingly harrassing clowns in Sims original, fires that killed, Death's arrival on your lot and a bargaining for the person, and a few other claims I've not yet verified for myself in Sims 2 -- I guess it's just something we have to live with. The makers of this game definitely seem to have a sadist amongst their programmers or storyline producers or someone who gets say in how it is made. We must either deal with it, or go elsewhere. I have to admit I  am still waiting for one good game based on creating rather than destroying to rival it. So far, haven't found one for PC anyway.

It actually took all 3 Sims in your household to extinguish the flames yet they still lost one? That's bad. Really bad.

I noticed the fire just kept spreading and spreading, and many of us long-time loyal customers waited for firemen.

They know that.

That's the sadist amongst them who finds it hilarious that we sit and watch our homes and Sims burn trying to figure out what is wrong.

I really dislike that person.

Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 15 of 82 (8,602 Views)

★★★ Novice
Watch out for incense holders and yoga mats too! My vacation home just erupted into flames, thinking I didn't need an alarm THERE. Had one in the kitchen, but no sprinklers. Had to go back to the main menu because all 7 vacationers refused to extinguish it.
It would be fine if you could go into build mode while on vacation to fix things that went wrong when first built
Here we go again.
Message 16 of 82 (8,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you have a fire alarm? those usually callthe fire fighters

Message 17 of 82 (8,140 Views)

Hero

Hi @awesomecampbell

there are no fire fighters in Sims 4. Only in Sims 3

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 82 (8,135 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Okay.

The makers of Sims 4 have stuck true to that tiny thread of sadism that was present in the Genie and Clown Painting of Sims 1.

Sims 2 actually solved the problem.

So, I guess the developers decided to digress instead of improve.

I'm pretty done with Sims 4. I have no investment in anything in that game.

Sims 2 was the last good complete game where there aren't hijinx around every corner with no solutions while the creator of the

game laughs his way to the bank.

He can stop laughing at me anyway. Now that I know there is no solution, I won't be bothering to waste my time with the game.

I appreciate greatly, all the user input here.

Message 19 of 82 (8,132 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I thought your name said okonomiyaki.... now i'm hungry.

Message 20 of 82 (7,881 Views)