Re: Sims 4 - Death by Laughter?

by Andrea058523

Original Post

Sims 4 - Death by Laughter?

★★★ Novice

All the info I've looked into about this seems outdated. How do you kill a sim through laughter? Does it require a certain amount of time or action in Histaria? Nothing I do seems to be working.

Message 1 of 15 (44,134 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The cheerful trait will help. Several traits that affects sadness will prevent it from happening.

You must build up cheerful mood until the Sim reaches Hysteria.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 15 (44,117 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It can take a few in-game hours for Death by Laughter to actually take place, your best bet for it to happen is to crank up the Playfulness Emotion and keep them in an area where they will remain in the "Hysterical" emotion for a long period.

Comedians are the most susceptible to this form of death. A good tactic if you want to kill a Sim off this way is to have them tell jokes in a room with Playful objects all around, and an audience of Sims they can tell jokes to. If you have a Sim with the Hilarious trait, try telling the Sim you're trying to kill the "Funniest Joke in the World" for an immediate +3 Playfulness. Bubble Baths also give a +2 Playfulness.

Don't forget to combine Happy Moodlet objects along with Playful ones, too; if you can keep the Sim in the Hysterical mood state for a prolonged period, you should eventually see them die.

- B

Message 3 of 15 (44,114 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Life can be unfair. Not long ago I started a new Household. Literally within 2 hours in game time the female died of laughter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 15 (44,108 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to make a ghostly household member as a form of tsudo-butler with the Vampiric speed. Going for the Death By Laughter for the bonus happy moodlets they leave with those around them.

Message 5 of 15 (44,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@BryanH1983, please update us if you are able to get your speedy Vampire/pseudo-Butler to die of laughter! Sounds like an interesting experiment! NerdCoolWink

I just hope that they are still speedy after becoming a ghost, since ghost usually float, and I haven't played with a ghost that was a Vampire yet! Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 15 (44,072 Views)

★ Guide
playful items in the room, jokes all around and a happiness potion from the reward store. works (almost) every time
Message 7 of 15 (44,007 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm still trying to revive someone who died from Laughter. We have opposite issues, but I'm sure they connect somewhere. I've found ambrosia and remove trait cheat to be ineffective

Message 8 of 15 (38,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@MadameNordica wrote:

I'm still trying to revive someone who died from Laughter. We have opposite issues, but I'm sure they connect somewhere. I've found ambrosia and remove trait cheat to be ineffective

There has been a problem with Ambrosia not working in general.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Ambrosia-Not-Working-At-All/td-p/7183408

We did just get a game update 1.60.54.1020 Patch 16Jan20 but I do not think this was fixed yet.
Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 9 of 15 (38,254 Views)

★ Guide

Not anymore @burin077  First time it happened, I didn't even know when it happened.  I sent my Sim to read a book. Within 5 minutes, she died. I brought her back to life, because I forgot about the option to load an earlier saved game. Then, the male was laughing at a mischievous interaction, because it was that day on the calendar.  Within seconds of laughing at her, he started dying, and I couldn't stop it.  Back to a saved game for that one, because I'll be damned to lose my Sim in a matter of minutes.

All these updates & changes this game goes through, they reveal sloppy coding that gets stomped on by developers not paying attention or QA'ing the thing properly.  How do I know this?  I used to be a software engineer, developer, coder, project manager.  But, back in the day when there were many checks & balances before releases were allowed to go out into the general population.  Not like it is now, where QA might be a slinky thing of the past, or automated where humans aren't beating it up to reveal bugs.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know someone made this much worse, and I'm trying to find the switch someone mentioned in here to prevent Sims from dying of moods.  Still haven't found it.

Message 10 of 15 (26,424 Views)