Sims 4 Bunk Beds Won´t Work

by nkotschate

Original Post

Sims 4 Bunk Beds Won´t Work

★★★ Newbie

Since there are many tutorials on how to build a bunk bed, I tried it myself, but it doesn´t work. It´s not because there is something in the way, because even if I put the bed in the middle of an empty room, it won´t work. My Sims can go to bed as long as it is properly on the ground, but as soon as I put it up even just a tiny bit (with "bb.moveobjects on" and "9"), they aren´t able to use it. Any ideas how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5 (13,218 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Bunk Beds Won´t Work

[ Edited ]
Champion

@nkotschate Frustrating for sure... Actually, I have not tried this out (with the bed) and it may only be possible functionality-wise as a loft (desk or something under it, but you may want to watch this video and give some of his stuff a try. I saw this yesterday, and this fellow has a live sim that you see can get into the bed if placed just-so. Perhaps this would also function with one under it if you experiment... maybe a lot. Sometimes that's what it takes. Oh, the time I've spent... anyway, I haven't tried this, but maybe you'd like to have a look? https://youtu.be/hP-T3djnSUI Good luck and let me know if I can 'help' more... Standard smile

Update -
There are a bunch of 'broken' bunks in the gallery. This thread had info from our tests of bunk beds...  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/How-to-build-a-bunk-bed/m-p/7408931#M10352

February 19, 2019

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (13,187 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Recently my bunk beds haven't been working even though they have before. I have tried everything that I had done before but no matter what they won't get onto the top bunk. Please reply if you know anything about this.

Message 3 of 5 (12,794 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Changes to the game means that "bunk beds" created by cheats no longer work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 5 (12,786 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know!

Message 5 of 5 (12,777 Views)