Re: Showdown a pay scam??

by incia

Original Post

Showdown a pay scam??

★★★★ Guide

so from what i am seeing is that youll only get 100 gold if you dont buy the premo that you won.  I dont know about other players but this feels like a scam you pull more money out of its players 

this was a really bad idea and needs to be shut down ASAP.  it doesnt matter how many times you get to play it for free its just designed to pull more money from the players 

Message 1 of 16 (1,064 Views)

★★ Guide
@punishertrd Really? I'm kinda just playing this for fun. And it's a lot of fun.
Message 2 of 16 (1,051 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@iLikeToSnipe21 why i say this is bc its a ploy to get you to pay for rewards. Im not a fan of this
Message 3 of 16 (1,046 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah just logged into the forums to see a thread like this.

10 gold for a win? Same as donating a common card in your alliance? Why even bother?

I won't waste time on this actually, first event I won't even try.

Will get more joy and money from playing normal ladder.

Message 4 of 16 (1,027 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I mean, you don't HAVE to pay, you can just play it for fun. And restarting basically costs nothing (only 150 coins). So if you liked the event, but aren't paying for the game, it's good, because now you can just restart it without paying diamonds.

If you are paying for the game, then you can just keep restarting the event until you get the 10-0 and then purchase the premium track and get some nice stuff.

In normal events you tryhard and then get your rewards. And if you pay some diamonds, you get more. In this one you only get something if you pay, but you can just keep replaying it for fun.

I honestly see this as a win-win for everyone. You can call other events a scam, because if you went 9-1 you want to restart to get the full potential of the premium track, but restarting costs diamonds. In this event you can keep restarting until you finally get 10-0, but this time restarting is basically free. So compared to the other events this is not at all a scam.

Message 5 of 16 (1,024 Views)

★ Guide

You win 100 coins from 10 wins, and replaying costs 150? lol

Message 6 of 16 (1,002 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@xMaksuss wrote:

I honestly see this as a win-win for everyone. You can call other events a scam, because if you went 9-1 you want to restart to get the full potential of the premium track, but restarting costs diamonds. In this event you can keep restarting until you finally get 10-0, but this time restarting is basically free. So compared to the other events this is not at all a scam.

It is not a win for everyone. Previously, you could just play an event without buying the premium track and you would still gain something meaningful out of it. Maybe some crates or a few thousand credits or some such. Now, this possibility has been taken away. How is that not a loss?

Edit:
If they wanted things to be fair, they could leave the choice to the players: Either play the event so that restarting it has very little cost (as it is now), or restarting it costs 275 diamonds (as it was before). When you choose the former you get only 10 credits per victory but you can restart for cheap, when you choose the latter you get the better rewards but restarting is considerably more expensive.

Message 7 of 16 (992 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The event is more fun than regular ranked and you can play almost anything you want, because the level cap is 5, just like in unranked.

The event is good for completing bouties and to get the value from the boosts you gained from War Games.

I'm happy to play this fast paced event, that doesn't involve the stress of regular play amd have the opportunity to play for fun, without being directly profit oriented.

Message 8 of 16 (976 Views)

I’m having a lot of fun with this. Some of the matches are comical. I had a guy rush my base with the Disrupter. It got taken out and I just sent one pitbull to kill his base. I kept my other units off the pads. 

Another guy was kicking my behind and had me dead to rights until he sent a Jade Catalyst missile on his chembuggy totally wiping out all of his units and mine except for one pitbull I had on my far pad. He must have been pissed. 

Another guy totally decimated my units by spamming laser drones. My pitbulls got all but 2. He just attacked my base with those 2 little drones until he won. 

This is great! It isn’t about the money or diamonds or crates. It doesn’t cost anything but a few coins that you’ll get from a bounty. 

@EA_Dance . Please keep this on indefinitely. 

Message 9 of 16 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Oh, that's just great! Even the timer is adjusted. I destroyed my opponent's army and wanted to destroy his base with slingshots. Before I could finish it, it timed out.

Message 10 of 16 (929 Views)