Re: Set up for the most FPS in BFV

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Sebash92 Give me a few as I am working on the other two game rigs . But fast version my FPS do go up and down just my average is 144- 180fps depending on map and whats going on. Sorry if I said it bad. Edit and my 49in screen fully comes into play just a guess but if I was on a 27in 144hrz screen I would be locked more into around 200FPS or 150-200 fps

Message 21 of 47 (2,676 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Jumping in on this conversation... you guys seem to know what you're doing but for everyone else who may not follow... correct me if I'm wrong here but in terms of FPS, I like to think of it like rhythm, or analogous to clapping on beat to a song. If you have say a 60 Hz monitor, then 120 FPS in game is at double its rhythm and is on beat. If you're playing "off beat" at say 83 FPS, then the frame rate is not synced, and you'll see that mismatch in-game (e.g. screen tears). This is part of the point of V-Sync and framerate limiters - to sync the FPS produced with what your monitor can handle, for a smooth visual. A few FPS off won't really make a difference, but the more you have will cause screen tears and other non-desirable effects.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 22 of 47 (2,668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@2042isNotBF Thats weird because I copied all your settings and my game EXCEPT MESH ON ULTRA and it still drops to 120fps sometimes if Im around like 10 players or s

Message 23 of 47 (2,649 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Sebash92 Very strange one thing I did notice with the new driver I also have gone down to 120 FPS and never used to go down this low :/ But on one map I also hit 200FPS a few times and this is a first as well so it makes it a interesting new driver. Did you also do all the settings in NVIDIA Control panel ?

Edit @SterlingARCH3R lol I so do not follow the rules with the FPS never have never will I do what pulls the most out of my rigs as I don't spend this kind of money on custom rigs to limit them. This is just my view others think different.  If I can ever stay at 200fps in BFV like I do in BF4 I would be happy lol. And no I do not have screen tears and other non-desirable effects lol.

Message 24 of 47 (2,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@2042isNotBF damn, would you consider to back to older driver? Yea I have all same settings in nvidia.
So you didnt have any drops to 120 fps in older driver on dx12? or you play on dx11?

Yea i got hit 200 fps also. So we have same pluses and minuses about latest driver on dx12. but I had drops to 120 fps on my previus drivers anyway (with future rendering off, with ON - nope)

So our fps are based on version of driver.

Do you remember what version of oldest driver you had? So i would think if I want to back to your older version if you telling me you didnt have drops down below 140 fps

Edit. Future rendering doesnt work on dx12? It gives me no difference ;o 

Message 25 of 47 (2,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Sebash92 I will stay on the new driver for now  and yes on DX12. I will give it a few days before I look at going back to the old driver. If I recall correct I had in 416.94 , the 120fps hits don't overtake it , I stay more higher in FPS about 140 - 190 fps now so its worth the drop once in a few so far as its not effecting my game play. But me watching my FPS is getting me killed more today lol. And I do love the 200fps once in a few lol. Edit.... maybe I did hit 120 fps on old driver as I did not watch it as much as I am today but if I did was not much as I always watch FPS just sometimes more then others.

Message 26 of 47 (2,605 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sure no problem, let me now if you think latest (new) driver is better compare to your old. If not, we will both back to older one Standard smile

Also, what abotu that future rendering? It doesnt give anything on dx12 or am i wrong?
Only works with dx11?

Im asking because I have found this thread, i dont know If i can link it but its very good:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9vte98/future_frame_rendering_an_explanation/

Message 27 of 47 (2,598 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Sebash92 Future rendering should work in DX12 but will have to test it to be sure you never know with win10 lol. In BFV this sec so will look at the link in a bit but fast glance looks good. I just caught framerate limiter and Vsync turned on in game and I always have both off grr the two most evil settings and this is the second time this week the game has changed settings on me. I will need to look into this more as it should not do this at all.

Message 28 of 47 (2,590 Views)

★ Apprentice

@2042isNotBF 
Hello, if you want to know my opinion Im back to dx11, dx12 it is not stable and it stutters, i set up in nvidia panel future rendering to 2, and same used in cfg.
The game works perfect, got stable fps and stable game without stutter, input lag its all about 20~ms which is nothing and we should care about that cuz we play on vsync off.
But tell me ur opinion because we got similar PC Specs

Message 29 of 47 (2,516 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Sebash92 I think if you found what works best for you / your rig use it. On my rig DX12 is not giving me any issues so I will keep using it.

Message 30 of 47 (2,513 Views)