Re: Set up for the most FPS in BFV

by Sebash92

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
Also the shorter way to see fps in-game,you can enable it in Origin app ,>application settings>origin in-game>display fos counter.That's it
Message 11 of 47 (4,923 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@xxparad0x Sadly origin gives nothing but issues in game so best to turn off cloud storage, fps counter and origin in game. 

Message 12 of 47 (4,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Actually you should set up your motion blur to 1% to disable TAA in game Wink
Rest is fine
I also found some people also use this, so do I:

RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 0
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 0
RenderDevice.DxDiagDriverDectectionEnable 0

And about: 
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
this makes my screen/edges of enemies, grass, etc - moving like adhd and its painfull for my eyes, i removed this command..

Message 13 of 47 (4,722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

If it comes to frame rate limiter set to 200, its not good to set it that high, I mean, If you have like 144hz monitor all you want is 146fps.
You can set this frame rate limiter to 200 in game but you should use programs like riva tuner statistic (combined with msi after burner) and set in this program your fps max to 146fps, or 122fps (120hz), or so. It's not good to overkill your fps because you can overheat your gpu (can provide you less fps actually due to for example: boost 3.0, even if you sometimes hit 160~fps - ask yourself for what actually you need that high fps.. Im not even talk here if someone have like 160 fps on 60hz monitor...) Only reason why you should have doubled your Hz of monitor via fps its fast sync (balance between gsync&free sync). So for example if you have 120hz you would need around 240fps with fast sync turned ON... otherwise if you play with vsync off you dont need more than your Hz = fps.

Message 14 of 47 (4,695 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Sebash92 With all due respect I disagree with  your post as my topic is how to pull the most FPS out of BFV not how to limit them.Its each persons  choice if you want to run at lower FPS or higher FPS in BFV . Some of us like higher FPS in game and will always take FPS over eye candy.

Message 15 of 47 (4,685 Views)

★ Apprentice
any argument then?
If your monitor can provide your 144hz = 144fps, what will give you 400fps? if you can see 144fps anyway?
Message 16 of 47 (4,698 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Sebash92 lol I play on a 49in 144hrz screen and my FPS are 144- 180fps in BFV and its just the way I like it no screen tearing and zero issues. Like I said its each person choice on how they want to run FPS me I like my FPS over eye candy.

Message 17 of 47 (4,692 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Alright, actually I updated my nvidia drivers (whql) - which is also a boost for fps.

Then I switch to dx12 (i had disabled this one command line (LightTileCsPathEnable) before anyway due to "moving of edges" and makes my eyes hurt)

Then I turned on dx12 and I realised i got like +35fps boost with a 200 fps limiter and I compared dx11 vs dx12 with of course disabled future rendering. Dx12 gives more fps actually. +30fps more
Amazing :D 
Also I think im gonna stick with 200 fps limiter, because in this game I see it works differently, and fps drops are less with 200 turned on, compare to 146 fps limiter ;o

I also added before that a new command: gstrender.thread.maxprocessorcount x (8600k - 6 threads).

PS. I heard on dx12 screen sometimes stutters - any help of that? Some guy told me to turn ON the gpu limiter in this case. But thats actually weird if that would be the only one fix.

If it comes to dx12 I think it works better only on some gpu, I got 1080ti aorus so I see it works perfect. Will test if that stutters happen, if not I change it back to dx11 or even dissable dx11 via commands in cfg and play on dx9

Edit1.
I updated screenshots, dx12 use more Vram compare to dx11, well I have 11gb anyway, so thats why I think we can have more fps.
Check screens and left top corner Standard smile

Edit2.

Well it still drops bellow 144.
If u play on 49' then you need to have at least 2x 1080ti or 2x 2080 Wink

Im gonna use future rendering [1] anyway, its not that bad compare to future rendering 4 or even 3 or 2

Message 18 of 47 (4,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Sebash92 No I only have one 1080ti I don't run sli but its a ROG Strix OC 1080Ti and I did OC it for BFV. As well as I did a manual OC on my Intel i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8Core Manual overclock 4.5GHz to get my FPS up between the two. More the GPU but you get the idea. DX12 has given me no real issues with stutters and it will be interesting to see what my new build will pull off once its ram comes in Feb mid to end of Feb now :/ New ram and very very short of stock and the last part to go in my build :/

FPS will go up and down as you know depending whats going on with the map and how full the server is etc

Edit.. Thanks much reg information on the new driver I will go down and do my rig and husbands rig as I have a specific  way I install our drivers to get the most FPS lol. I have always had FPS issues since Quake 2 days lol this is nothing new for me and have never followed the rules with FPS and screen HRz.

Message 19 of 47 (4,637 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

^

So actually this is pretty interesting.

This is my spec:

1080ti Aorus UV also after OC with 1875hz

8600k 5.0Ghz OC 1.36v

2x8GB 3200 CL14

Windows 10 pro

24' monitor 144hz TN 1080p reso (with motion blur reduction ON)

My temperatures are low.

Here pics with full spec. 

https://m.imgur.com/a/1fVmFKH

Seems better than you and you said you dont have ever any fps drops without future rendering ;o unless actually due to huge amount of ppl of server you got this advantage due to more threads of CPU

Maybe I should update the bios then because that can be also issue.

I dont like my fps goes down bellow 144 because you can feel the screen tearing.

If that will not help I will must use the future rendering at least on 1. 

Message 20 of 47 (4,629 Views)