The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 22 (2,221 Views)

Re: Scary phrase on sims 4 loading screen

★ Expert

I have been trying to get EA/Maxis to be more aware of their impact on players. Thinking about the "it gets better" campaign (as well), it should be noted that there is programmed assaults in Windenburg.... That the devs thought was funny. 

A little awareness here and there is a start, and I hope they start taking this kind of thing out of (what should be for all) an enjoyable game. I really hope there is a way for you (and other players that this upset) to disable that screen.

Message 13 of 22 (2,219 Views)

Merged these two threads together Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 22 (2,208 Views)

Champion

@InfiniteVerve, but the random fighting in Windenburg has been there since Get Together was released, which was years before the patch in conjunction with the "It Get's Better" campaign. Wondering the two things have nothing to do with each other! 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 15 of 22 (2,201 Views)

★ Expert
@PugLove888 It does. They make new patches all the time. It's not hard, in the vein of it gets better, to remove that assault scripting. Also, the game release never stated anywhere that Get Together will have programmed random assault in it.
Message 16 of 22 (2,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@InfiniteVerve, but again, that wasn't the developer's thoughts when they made Windenburg.  Perhaps they should have taken the extra fighting out of that neighborhood, but it wasn't like it was planned to target any specific community..  Now, I could see if the town of Windenburg was released at the same time as the It Get's Better campaing, but it wasn't.  They are years apart.  The fighting happens to all Sims regardless of sexual/gender preference.  And perhaps they will take the fighting out in the future.  I guess in the mean time try not to go to Windenburg.  I don't go there often since I don't particularly like the fighting either! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 17 of 22 (2,186 Views)

★ Expert
@PugLove888 The violence was a planned thing. It is scripted into the game. The "it gets better" is about things getting better- not avoiding an area because 'violence happens'. I really enjoy going to Windenburg, it's really lovely, and being forced to avoid an area- from a gamepack that was purchased for its beauty, and having fun with groups of friends- is the epitome of things not getting better. I would rather advocate for healthy-minded,non-violent gameplay *especially for all of the simmers who have experienced rl violence and abuse).
Message 18 of 22 (2,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@itsyagirl1111 I just had this too and it scared me I thought I'd been hacked because I have cc so I googled it and this came up, phew! 😂
Message 19 of 22 (2,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know I'm late to the party, but, here you go. I thought my computer was possessed when I first saw it. WTF?

Message 20 of 22 (1,916 Views)