Saw a guy with a purple card set of Dooku in galactic assault already

by raidernaphtali

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Am i to assume that its legit or a developer? There was no special XP event since he came out....soooo

Message 1 of 11 (1,260 Views)

Re: Saw a guy with a purple card set of Dooku in galactic assault already

★★★ Apprentice
Some people have plenty of time to play. Someone like one of the "YouTubers" that focus on Battlefront II could easily grind it out in Heroes vs Villains within a few days.
Message 2 of 11 (1,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Just play tons of HvV and you'll get there in no time.

I've played for two days and I'm on level 18 with him - on level 25, you can already have a full epic set, just save up 3 skill points when you have a full rare set, and voilá.

Edit: Also, in my opinion, he's a great character - one of the easiest ones to level up, compared to e.g. Finn, where the learning curve was much longer for me (in HvV, that is).

Message 3 of 11 (1,238 Views)

Champion

You must be joking! Large smile

I am a below average player and I already have had 3 blue cards for him.

No wonder you good guys have his purple cards. Embarrassed

Message 4 of 11 (1,231 Views)

EA DICE Team
If time is not a factor, its "easy" to get to an epic level card, its time factor more then anything. Being skilled help to reduce that factor by a lot. Standard smile 

I have seen this on previous patches with new heroes. Standard smile 

Message 5 of 11 (1,214 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Sati_Sati @raidernaphtali @felker_s  & @EA_Atic  I know this is off subject but didn't want to start a new topic just for this question.

Was playing GA on Jakuu last night & targeted another player about 15 mtrs in front, fired first and he within a split second moved sideways several metres out of my line of fire behind an object then came from behind the object to eliminate me with one shot. My first thought was rocket trooper but when he reappeared, was only a normal trooper. As you all are probably better players than me, is this a move I have missed or possible hacker? Thought about lag maybe but hadn't noticed any.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★ Pro

@ggibb65 

Kinda hard to tell, could be anything you mentioned: a better player, network lag, or an actual cheater.

If you are on consoles, I'd rule out cheating, haven't heard or seen such a thing on Xbox (in any game, in fact).

But to say if it was lag or a good move by a player, that would require video of the event. Did he move or roll? Combat roll is pretty effective as it is, and sometimes when you do it e.g. on a small slope, it might even throw you further. Due to the 3rd person camera, "pre-aiming" on you from cover is also possible, hence the 1-shot kill.

If he simply moved, then it is most likely that it was just a network lag spike.

Also, are you sure that it was the same guy? Could have been one person moving into cover (jet trooper), and another coming out of said cover (normal trooper).

Message 7 of 11 (1,156 Views)

Champion

@felker_s  - It was a move that I expect from a rocket trooper - directly sideways, ( no roll, no height change) in an instant and no indication of other players close by. It was strange but I guess the most logical is that it was lag. I play on xbox and there are plenty of cheaters that appear now and then. Go online & see how many modded controllers are available or DIY mods for controllers (these aren't considered cheating but do give an advantage). No matter what platform, hackers will find a way.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★ Pro

@ggibb65 

Well, modded controllers will still not give you different abilities in-game. I'm on xbox as well, and I've never felt like someone had an unfair advantage over me - there are no aimbots, no wallhacks etc. -, and until then, well, all I can do is pity those who cannot learn how to properly play with the available official devices.

Message 9 of 11 (1,134 Views)

Champion
@felker_s - Agree, modded controllers don't give you other abilities but can certainly enhance them (RapidFire mod). There are Xbox one hacks out there. Check this link https://youtu.be/MAjWG-9ORvY. This could be explained as possible lag and is similar to what I experienced. Also I see that the xbox one SDK can be downloaded from the internet (Legal???) That opens up a lot more possibilities for hackers.