Re: SWGoH too many toons not a strong enough squad or squadron

by mbensasi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SWGoH too many toons not a strong enough squad or squadron

★★ Apprentice

My problem is that the game isn't much fun now that I can't get any squadrons to win a fleet challenge or squads to win anything in most PvP or events.  I am at level 85 with around 120 toons, apparently spread too thinly.  I have a decent Empire squad, nothing maxed out and I can't seem to get there even with a good guild and daily play.  It appears that I should have focused on a Resistance, Empire, and Wiggs/rebel squads but I accumulated low level toons for every type of event and game mode.  The result is a very high total Galactic number with few strong toons.

My guild is really pretty good, rewards and raids are strong.  I can contribute even though I only have two level 7 toons and about 7 level 6.  

Any suggestions where to go from here?  Do I start over and use the beginner guide I found only recently to build a small number of hand picked squads?  Or find another game that doesn't penalize learning as I go?  Or just accept that progress will be excruciatingly slow, write off the constant new events requiring specialized toons, do without the benefits of higher level challenges for now?  Seriously, I am having trouble figuring out how to better focus my efforts to make it fun again.

Message 1 of 2 (481 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

To be honest, if you're level 85 and you only have two characters at 7 stars, you're in trouble. It might not be a bad idea to start over, especially now that you have a better idea of what teams to farm and stuff. But if you don't want to start over, it's not the end of the world. Yes, progress will be slow and you won't place well in the arenas, but you can continue to build your teams and eventually catch up. You didn't mention what level raids your guilds were running, but it would help your progress tremendously if you can find a guild that is doing both heroic raids, and are understandable and sympathetic to your situation. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (430 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

To be honest, if you're level 85 and you only have two characters at 7 stars, you're in trouble. It might not be a bad idea to start over, especially now that you have a better idea of what teams to farm and stuff. But if you don't want to start over, it's not the end of the world. Yes, progress will be slow and you won't place well in the arenas, but you can continue to build your teams and eventually catch up. You didn't mention what level raids your guilds were running, but it would help your progress tremendously if you can find a guild that is doing both heroic raids, and are understandable and sympathetic to your situation. 

Message 2 of 2 (431 Views)