Re: (SWGOH) What to do if your think you might have been hacked

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

(SWGOH) What to do if you think you might have been hacked

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi Heroes,

If you think your SWGOH account was hacked, this guide will help you figure out your next steps.

Click the options in the Index below to jump to that section for more information: 

Index

To review the sources for the information shared in this guide, click the spoiler tag below:

Spoiler

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 1 of 4 (1,664 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

If you think someone hacked your SWGOH game, the first thing you need to do is update the account that it’s linked to: Facebook, Google Play, or your Apple ID. Here’s how:

Update your linked account

Most of our mobile games link to another account so that you can back up your game.  If someone has gotten into your game, you’ll need to make changes to the account that it’s linked to.

Remember to never give your Facebook, Google Play, or Game Center username or password to anyone. We’ll never ask for your password, either. 

Learn more about phishing and how to avoid it.

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 4 (1,662 Views)

Community Manager

My game isn't linked to an account

When your game isn’t linked to an account, you’re playing your game anonymously. Without linking to an account, you don’t have a way to backup your game saves anywhere other than to your device. All of your saves are local to your device. 

If your game isn’t linked, you can try these steps to see if you can get back into your game:

1. Check for app updates and install any that are available.
  2. Restart your device.

If stuff is missing or has been changed, then someone else must have accessed the device you’re playing on.

• Make sure you’re the only one with access to your device to help keep your account in your control.
  • Use a screen lock with PIN or fingerprint access.
  • We also suggest that you link your mobile account now to keep your progress backed up.  

Message 3 of 4 (1,657 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

How do I get my stuff back?

Once you’ve gone through the steps above to secure your account, we’ll try to help you get your content back.

1. Secure your account by updating your linked account settings and your device settings.
  2. Find your ID: Here's how to locate your Ally Code Player ID
  3. Contact us with the info above for help.  

Message 4 of 4 (1,656 Views)