Re: SWBF2 Arcade Points

by Tinogiggedy

Original Post

SWBF2 Arcade Points

★★ Guide

Hi Guys … just a passing question as I don't see any info in the FAQs.

I'm sure we have all played Arcade and probably will continue to play the Custom Mode (esp. when you can't get a live game Standard smile )

Is there any point or value to the points gained during Arcade ?

Message 1 of 9 (1,618 Views)

★★ Pro

@chuntery yes there is. You get galactic credits that can be used to purchase emotes, victory poses and skins from the collection screen. 

Message 2 of 9 (1,612 Views)

★★ Guide

@TinogiggedyThanks for your reply. 

Credits are used to purchase the goodies. But I am questioning what the points are for? I believe that you continue to be awarded points even after you have collected the daily max number of credits? Is there a location where the cumulative points are recorded? Most days I can score circa 10000 to 20000 pts. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,606 Views)

★★ Pro

@chuntery my bad. I should have realised what you meant. I guess they determine whether you get 100 galactic credits or 125 galactic credits I can't see what else they'd be for, I don't recall any arcade milestones with any relation to the points. 

Message 4 of 9 (1,599 Views)

★★ Guide

Exactly …. I suspected that they are "Comfort Points" to increase feel good factor when you score high.

At the end of the day I only asked out of curiosity given that over a year the cumulative points tally should be quite high. But seemingly the points are pointless.

Message 5 of 9 (1,596 Views)

Hello @chuntery and of course @Tinogiggedy

In arcade, you earn BP by killing AI, but these points can only be used to buy heroes and enforcers in that match (the game should then not be set to "Free for all" but to "default" for player class).

The credit pay-out at the end of a game, 100 or 125, doesn't seem to depend on the score you get in the match at all. The time is directly related to the credit pay-out. So if you want to earn 125 credits from one arcade match, you must finish the match within about 20 seconds (if I am not mistaken). 

Message 6 of 9 (1,581 Views)

★★ Guide

@DYSPROssium

I found that if you desperately need credits quickly then set up the custom arcade to

- a suitable location e.g. Yavin

- free for all 

- 10 players at an AI rookie setting

- select your favourite trooper/ hero with good firepower e.g. Death trooper/Finn

..and play. If you are lucky and re-spawning is local to your hero then you can achieve the desired kills in 12 to 18 seconds. The challenge becomes how fast you can win. If you are unlucky it will take 30 to 35 seconds. It takes longer for the game to reset than play. This way you can quickly earn 1300 1500 credits each day … and then get on with a live multiplayer.

Of course if you want a different challenge then simply revert to a hard AI setting and a large number of troops (the 6 and 8 year old always go for maximum troops when playing arcade)

Each Arcade game generates points that don't seem to have any use either in the game or after.

Message 7 of 9 (1,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Lol exactly, custom arcade, truly the most pointless place for BP seeing as you don't need really BP unless on default. 

@DYSPROssium

Thanks for the info about arcade credits being based on time. I always figured you had to get a certain amount of points, which to me makes more sense. Would only make sense they'd want to encourage players to actually do something to get the reward.

Message 8 of 9 (1,571 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi guys,

I realise I am a year or so late into this convo. I presume some things have been changed since Dec 18 on this matter. I was looking for an answer to the original question too. For what its worth, currently I seem to be awarded 200 credits for every arcade fight I complete. The points awarded seem to vary but not in a logical manner that I can tell. As the points seem to be irrelevant, that doesn't matter I suppose. I don't generally change too many of the difficulty settings so not sure if this will affect the credits awarded though.

Apart from the obvious, I would appreciate any advice offered to me, taking into my account my circumstances. I am terrible with coordination so always struggle with 1st person shooting games like this.Thus, I tend to stick to sabre heroes only. My biggest gripe is not being able to play in multiplayer modes (even just to be able to access maps like crait or hoth galactic battles) using sabre heroes, as I'm not skilled enough to achieve this. I understand why this is not possible in offline mode too, but still disappointing. I think I am correct in saying the only way to achieve playing sabre heroes in large scale battles is through natural battle points progression. 

Thanks,

Alf 

Message 9 of 9 (969 Views)