Re: SUGGESTIONS: An East Front Single Player Campain and Improving the Tsaritsyn

by ElliotLH

Original Post

SUGGESTIONS: An East Front Single Player Campain and Improving the Tsaritsyn Map

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Red Army

I especially like the "In the Name of the Tsar" Expansion because very few video games involve the Russian Civil War and few even involve the Eastern Front of WWI. In fact, I bought the whole game in order to get this expansion. In the game, there are four Western Front campaigns and two Middle East ones, depending on whether you want to count Gallipoli as being in the Middle East or Europe. You did an excellent job with your Single Player missions and were creative in making your Russian Multiplayer Expansion, so I'd like to suggest that you include a Russian single player mission.

Further, I like the theme of your Red Tide campaign, which covers the Russian Civil War. The Volga map is good, and my team was able to get through as the attacker without losing battalions. But on the Tsaritsyn map, all three battalions were lost trying to get through the second sector. The problem may be the arrangement of the close quarters, along with the strong defensive position of the cathedral surrounded by unprotected open space for the attackers, and the fact that the attacking side has only a limited number of soldiers for each turn.

Players have made alot of constructive criticism on this map (https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/122430/does-red-tide-operation-feel-one-sided). One player said that they tried to capture Tsaritsyn for 15 rounds (ie. 15 attacks) as the attacking team and failed on each round except for one time. They suggested adding a Behemoth, because the Behemoths are much stronger than the Sentry kits. There are two reasons why I think that it's worth improving this map for the Attackers this way: 1. Historically, the attacking side (the Red Army won, taking the city in 1920, and 2. armored trains were a major player in the Russian Civil War, where the Red Army especially used them.

Message 1 of 4 (852 Views)

Re: SUGGESTIONS: An East Front Single Player Campain and Improving the Tsaritsyn

★★★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately Man, I don't think EA is working on BF1 any more other than making sure the servers are up and running (I do, however, like the In the name of the Tsar exapnsion. my favorite map in that expansion is Galicia!)

Message 2 of 4 (798 Views)

★★★ Novice

Me too. I am glad that you like it.

Message 3 of 4 (788 Views)

Hero

BF1 was sunset quite some time ago, so it's unlikely we'll see any more content for it unfortunately.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 4 (740 Views)