STOP the "quitting Rivals" trend!

by MarcT22186

Original Post

STOP the "quitting Rivals" trend!

★★★★ Apprentice

I don´t know if you EA don´t want to realise that a huge amount of Players quitting this or if this just doesn´t interesst you, but If this wave continues, you can invent the single Player mode for your devs, cause nobody is here.
Won´t believe that? Just check the history of your matchmaker. The last few days I get repeatedly Matches vs the opponents I faced before. Best run was today with x3 fights vs the same opponent on 3 different opponents - in a row and I don´t speak about Match over, instant looking for new one, same opponent; NO! In one case I switched the sites, in another I shared a replay and commented in chat. The duration of looking for Matches is as high as never before and I´m in Master 2/3 with an avg. of lvl 10 Units. That´s probably the widest spread combination out there and should find Battles instantly!
I asked my Alliances mates and they have the absolute same result. If you want to let this game die, just inform us and we can spent our time and money on games with a better perspective!

Message 1 of 11 (916 Views)

Re: STOP the "quitting Rivals" trend!

★★★★★ Apprentice
I think its some kind of a trick in the balance. In the last week i noticed that if i play 2 times with the same opponent in a row possibilities are that i will play 1-2 more games with that ayer. Dont know why they did that though. I seriously dont believe that its about players. If the balance cant find you players in your league it is droping at lower leagues so we shouldnt get the same opponents.
Message 2 of 11 (863 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It could let you fight somebody across server like some Korean

Message 3 of 11 (850 Views)

★★★★ Novice

One of the reasons for players playing less is just boring maps. Me and many others of my alliance are totally sick of masters maps, after every reset we are back in masters within 1-2 days but then need 3+ weeks and hundreds of games to make it to tiberium. The game gets redundant after playing it for months, even more if you don't invest big amounts to get all your units to a playable level. Easiest way to do something about that is to change/rotate the maps.

Message 4 of 11 (837 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@pontiki123451 wrote:
I think its some kind of a trick in the balance. In the last week i noticed that if i play 2 times with the same opponent in a row possibilities are that i will play 1-2 more games with that ayer. Dont know why they did that though. I seriously dont believe that its about players. If the balance cant find you players in your league it is droping at lower leagues so we shouldnt get the same opponents.

In that theory there´s one failure. The opponent who looks for a match at that time, but in my described case there were 2-3 Minutes space between end of the Match and starting a new one. If you started a battle in the past, you got you opponent within seconds (in most cases), but now you´ve to wait 1+ Minutes on a growing number of searches and resulting in multi-fights.

Your point would be right in the case, it happens from time to time, but especially besides the main playing time, it happens too often that it´s just a balancing trick.

Message 5 of 11 (831 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
But thats the thing. I have waited 5 mins too and i changed deck because i was pretty sure i was going to play the same player. And i got the same player for a 3rd time and after that i waited again and played with him a 4th time. Thats why im saying it must be a balancing trick. Or maybe they are creating rivals?😆
Message 6 of 11 (796 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@pontiki123451 wrote:
But thats the thing. I have waited 5 mins too and i changed deck because i was pretty sure i was going to play the same player. And i got the same player for a 3rd time and after that i waited again and played with him a 4th time. Thats why im saying it must be a balancing trick. Or maybe they are creating rivals?😆

That's weird... The Deck change might be one reason why you get him again. That's a thing happens to me from time to time while both are within ~100 points if I beat an opponent with GDI he got the -xx points and switch sides it's pretty safe I get the same while he might be closer to Nod now.

But after that a 4th time - OMG. 

Message 7 of 11 (757 Views)

[ Edited ]

So I opened a new account. I was in iron or bronze league. I can't remember. Which ever is the first one. 

I started the Rivals matches for coin. My opponents were either bots or paid devs. They all had one name handles like Fred, Chad, Tim, ect instead of the creative names we tend to use.

I was creaming them. When I got to either 5 and 0 or 6 and 0, they started bringing out Orca Bombers to get rid of my infantry that I had dominating the pads. 

Mind you we were both like level 3 or 4. Very low levels. Orca Bombers aren't unlocked yet for low levels.  Guess they didn't want me winning the whole thing and getting all the coins. I don't know. It seemed very strange.

I also faced the same dude 3 times in a row after that. Try it. Open a new account. Don't level up anything. Join a Rivals match and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Message 8 of 11 (728 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Marine_CorporaI,

I want to make sure that I understand this correctly. This happened during the Credit Blitz over the weekend, correct? If that sounds right, then you were at least in Bronze League. This is just so that I understand where you and your opponents are in terms of the ladder.

While you are correct that the Orca Bomber unlocks at a higher level, it was possible to earn cards for it during the Orca Bomber Blitz that came before the Credit Blitz. This means that it is very possible for players around your level to have that unit in their deck. The other thing to remember is that during events, you're matched up against players with similar wins and losses, so as you won games, you were more likely to face stronger opponents, including those who had won the unit from the last event. You can also face relatively new players, which may be why the first few battles seemed so easy Standard smile

Matchmaking doesn't try to force players to lose if they win too much, or force you to face the same opponent multiple times in a row. It tries to make the best match that it can based on the matchmaking criteria. Sometimes, that means it matches you with the same opponent.

Message 9 of 11 (696 Views)

★★★★ Guide
"Matchmaking doesn't try to force players to lose if they win too much, or force you to face the same opponent multiple times in a row. It tries to make the best match that it can based on the matchmaking criteria. Sometimes, that means it matches you with the same opponent"

ya thats not true
ive faced the same person in higher leagues that have higher lvls till i loose to them
Message 10 of 11 (688 Views)