SPM not correct...

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SPM not correct...

Champion

The SPM that I see when I log into the game is about 18 points greater than the points shown on BF1 stats tracking websites. On two of those websites, my points are exactly the same. I'm unsure if this is an issue on BF1's side, or with how those websites are calculating the data. Maybe the 2x events weren't taken into account. I wasn't sure where to post this as I'm unsure if it's a bug or whatnot. 

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 10 (1,387 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SPM not correct...

Hero (Retired)

It most likely is a fault on the side of the unofficial tracker. They often have issues with accounting for 2XP periods. On top of that, I believe they had some technical difficulties during Turning Tides release. In case of differences, it's safer to lean on Companion score.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (1,904 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

@SterlingARCH3R Same here, my SPM on the official Companion App is higher than on the battlefieldtracker.com. In my case there's a 12 points difference

Since it was 2XP over the weekend it might have to do with this. It is not a synchronization issue, as my other stats (such as kills, deaths, assists etc.) are equal accross the sites.

Message 2 of 10 (1,344 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It most likely is a fault on the side of the unofficial tracker. They often have issues with accounting for 2XP periods. On top of that, I believe they had some technical difficulties during Turning Tides release. In case of differences, it's safer to lean on Companion score.

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 3 of 10 (1,905 Views)

★★★ Expert

@spitfiresiemion I'm reviving this discussion as it looks like in this case the official site is incorrect. See also This discussion that shows that there seems to be an issue with the recorded time played in the official companion app. And since the time played would be an input to the SPM.

That discussion also holds a link to a bug report I created indicating another issue with the companion app stats, which gives me more reason to distrust the official companion app.

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 4 of 10 (1,229 Views)

★★ Novice
@spitfiresiemion any thoughts on this one? The stats around hours played on the bf1 companion app I believe are incorrect as they only seem to account for my playtime on base game maps.
I am a premium pass owner which should allow my stats across DLC maps to track as well.
Important to point out that kills/deaths seems to be recording across all maps, just not hours played?
Message 5 of 10 (1,158 Views)

Champion

Bump, this is still an issue. The score differential between what I see in BF1, and BF1 tracker sites is now closer to 100 points!

I don't work for EA.

Message 6 of 10 (1,070 Views)

★★★ Novice

The issue is due to a difference in time played. I calculated the spm with my listed score and the time played in app and then the time played on a tracker site. The manual calculation with the official time matched the official spm, and the calculation with the trackers time matched the trackers spm. Both were going by the same score.

Message 7 of 10 (1,022 Views)

Champion

@smHatter - Do you have an idea of which time is correct?

I don't work for EA.

Message 8 of 10 (1,013 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SterlingARCH3R I think the official one, because adding up my times for each class is very close to that one, but 5 hours less than both bf1stats and battlefield tracker.
Message 9 of 10 (1,005 Views)

★★★ Expert

@SterlingARCH3R This issue seems to have been finally resolved. I noticed a considerable drop of more than 100 points in my SPM on the official companion app. By comparing the official Companion with the battlefieldtracker I noticed that the played time is now back in sync between the 2 sites. 

They must have fixed something with the April update, despite it not being mentioned in the Update notes. A friend of mine has not yet played and updated BF1 with the latest update yet, and his stats (played time and SPM which is of course affected by the played time) are still not aligned between the Companion and the battlefieldtracker. Where in his case the time played on the unofficial tracker is higher and thus the SPM lower, therefore his time played on the official comnpanion is too low and his SPM too high. I expect as soon as he installes the update his stast will be in sync as well.

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 10 of 10 (897 Views)