Russian Axe codex

by RanzigeRidder2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Russian Axe codex

★★★★ Expert

Does anybody know how to unlock the Russian Axe needed for this codex?

2017-12-13_11h47_19.png

Or is it in by mistake? I know the Russian Axe has been in CTE but never got introduced (yet). Looking at the melee weapons that were introduced with the Turning Tides DLC I see codices for the Naval Cutlass and Ottoman Flanged Mace, but there's none for the Grappling Hook. Could it be that the slot that's now taken by the Russian Axe codex was meant for this?

2017-12-13_11h47_19.png

Message 1 of 16 (4,807 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Russian Axe codex

Hero (Retired)

@RanzigeRidder2, the Russian Axe and the Grappling Hook are the 2 new puzzle piece melee weapons that came with the Turning Tides DLC, you will find them in your Battlepack menu. I hope it won´t take too long to unlock them.

Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (7,514 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@RanzigeRidder2, the Russian Axe and the Grappling Hook are the 2 new puzzle piece melee weapons that came with the Turning Tides DLC, you will find them in your Battlepack menu. I hope it won´t take too long to unlock them.

Standard smile

Message 2 of 16 (7,515 Views)

★ Pro

puzzle pieces from battle packs... theres a coupe to look out for.. build them up just for codex,no dogtag.. realised too late on 2 pieces but sure they will come round again

Message 3 of 16 (4,774 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Ourumov13 and @tat2jon Thank you both for confirming. I did see the Grappling Hook puzzle piece in the Turning Tides battlepack revision when playing on Monday, but did not see anything on the Russian Axe.

Still odd that there's a codex for the Russian Axe and none for the Grappling Hook, and also that the Axe codex was added with the Turning Tides update where I would have rather expected it with the In the Name of the Tsar DLC given its name.

Message 4 of 16 (4,757 Views)

★ Pro
yeah... sometimes it seems like an after thought,or just a reminder theres other maps?
Message 5 of 16 (4,736 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@RanzigeRidder2

there were 2 French melee weapons that came with the "Tsar" update, they would have fit better into TSNP, so it doesn´t make sense at all Wink

Message 6 of 16 (4,733 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The Russian Axe is now a puzzle piece reward for completing the current Operations Campaign.

Unfortunately it's pot luck whether or not you'll get a piece of it, or the other puzzles or a squad boost.
Message 7 of 16 (3,028 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@cdev1981 correct, the entire battlepack system is a lotttery. I completed the Operation Campaign, Eastern Storm, 5 times: 2 Russian Axe puzzle pieces, 2 French Butcher Knife puzzle piece (already owned) and 1 Russian Award Knife puzzle piece (also already owned). 

So hoping a new campaign where these can be earned will be live soon as it’s the final Weapon’s codex I need.

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 16 (3,010 Views)

★★★★ Expert

It has been confirmed that the Russian Axe puzzle pieces remain exclusively available through Operations Campaign battlepacks, so I guess I can start spending those scraps on other stuff now:

2018-05-01_10h15_50.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
▪Did you find someone's post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did someone's post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

I do not work for EA, I'm a gamer trying to help fellow gamers. :eahigh_file:

Message 9 of 16 (2,956 Views)

★ Apprentice
I got my first Russian Axe Jigsaw piece today! So I can confirm 100% it is finally released. Although I am not sure how I got it. I was given 3 Battle packs from new update and played operations where you have to get 25,000 on each map but I played that earlier in the week and got the French Butcher knife Jigsaw so not sure it was from that. Anyway on opening the forth pack I was amazed to get a Russian Axe Jigsaw piece. It is not showing in the packs to purchase just now so not sure when I can get the other 4 but worth checking if you have one among any battle packs unopened. Honestly I got my first Russian Axe Jigsaw piece today so please check.
Message 10 of 16 (2,736 Views)