Re: Unlock Third Sim Quest Disappeared

by haribobearsim

Original Post

Re: Roommate Race Quest

EA app Team
I'm glad to hear you both could scan for more ants now, thanks for coming back to share your feedback! I don't remember how this looks in-game right now, but I'll pass on your feedback to the team so they are aware this can be confusing, as well as what you think about the quest.

Moving this to Game information section for now.
Also, please, let's try to keep the conversation friendly - the community is big and not everyone has the same knowledge about the game. @givememore86 was just trying to help, that's what Answers HQ is about Standard smile
Message 11 of 33 (1,265 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem too.  When I click on a houseplant, I can’t scan for ants the second time.  Please help.

Message 12 of 33 (1,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me too!!

Message 13 of 33 (1,246 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @haribobearsim, @FunkyPenguin84,

Moved your posts to a thread where we are talking about that step of the quest. Please, read my post here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Roommate-Race-Quest-broken/m-p/7929980#M21128

Cheers,
-Mai
Message 14 of 33 (1,237 Views)

Scan for ants bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Lenovo
OS Version 7.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile )
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On quest roommate race chapter 3 part 5 'scan for ants' I was able to complete 1 of 2 times to scan for ants. No option comes up on any floor plants.. Tried buying new plants and the plants around town.
What do you expect to see? Fixed
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Us
Additional feedback

On quest roommate race chapter 3 part 5 'scan for ants' I was able to complete 1 of 2 times to scan for ants. No option comes up on any floor plants for 2of2.. Tried buying new plants and the plants around town.

Message 15 of 33 (1,199 Views)

Re: Scan for ants bug

Hero

Another player has posted that there is a two hours cool down for that action. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 16 of 33 (1,174 Views)

Re: Scan for ants bug

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Even after the 2 hour cooldown, the second “scan for bugs” does not show up.

Message 17 of 33 (1,163 Views)

★ Novice

Is there any way to get refunded for SimCash spent on attempts to find ants before the 2 hour window was over? I spent SimCash to complete the first look for ants task early. Then when I saw that look for ants was not available, I spent even more SimCash to free up my other Sim. If there is a mandatory time window between tasks then early completion should not be an option. 

Message 18 of 33 (1,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought another houseplant for $1500 because I thought maybe the Queen Juliana couldn’t be used again. 

When that didn’t work, I came here. *sigh*

Message 19 of 33 (1,139 Views)

★ Apprentice

Several Simmers from Poland reported me issue with the step with ants and plants. Day 3 Step 5. First time - the interaction works. The second - is impossible to take. Even after those 2h. It could be a glitch.

Message 20 of 33 (1,101 Views)