Re: ROOMMATE QUEST SEEMS TO BE BROKEN on day three step five!

by sassyrags

Original Post

Roommate Race Quest - Chapter 3 Step 5 - Scan Plants for Ants broken

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPad
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Ipad
OS Version Up to date
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) Not applicable
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the quest!
What do you expect to see? The quest continue!
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Europe
Additional feedback

ROOMMATE RACE QUEST BROKEN?

When you get to day three, step five of the roommate  race which is scan plants for Ants, the quest walk thru sayes do once but the actual in game step asks you to do twice! However when you try to do the step the second time round it won’t let you! Thus you are stuck and can’t proceed! Can a sim guru reply and advise please as trying to do this quest and ground to a halt with the quest clock ticking down!

anyone else at this level and struggling? 

Message 1 of 33 (5,548 Views)

Roommate Race Quest

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Anyone else having any trouble with Chapter 3 part 5 of Roommate Race quest?  After the first time you check a plant for ants, the option to do it again isn't appearing? I've cleared cache and restarted device more than once. It's my sons account and he's cracking up over it 

Message 2 of 33 (5,505 Views)

Re: Roommate Race Quest

★★★★ Apprentice

Snap! Well that makes two of us, my daughters account and she is well put out to!

Stuck mid quest with The clock ticking down and it’s the weekend so hoping a solution comes soon! 

Message 3 of 33 (5,481 Views)

★★★ Pro

Go find another plant then. They have 4 plants in the cafe. You can't use the same plant. Next time you find something different than the walkthrough go to the walkthrough so @Phantomlover1717 can see it quickly. She has the walkthrough on this page. 😃

Message 4 of 33 (5,474 Views)

EA app Team

Hey @sassyrags @MrsJDB69 ,

How long ago did you start scanning for ants? The interaction should show up for you again once 2 hours have passed since the last time you used it Standard smile

Hope that helps!

-Mai

Message 5 of 33 (5,466 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@givememore86   Seriously? You honestly think that wasn’t tried, along with using a different sim, purchasing a new second plant at home and visiting all the in game potted plants at all the different locations amongst others, before putting up a post! 

Message 6 of 33 (5,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for replying so quickly and helpfully @EA_Mai  my daughter reports she is back in the game! The problem lies with the in game instruction as well as the walkthru not being clear about 2 hour cooldowns between events which hopefully can be rectified! @MrsJDB69 @Hope your son is happy to! 

I have to to say this is a very confusing and fiddley, time consuming quest to throw at a new player!    It’s having the effect of puting my daughter off! 

Message 7 of 33 (5,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My sons has also righted itself, it took 2 hours though, didn't know about the 2 hour between. We did also try different plants, different sim trying it etc. That's the 2nd weird thing with this quest yesterday Chapter  2 didn't show up until 5.00 in the evening. I'm a long time player and seriously not liking this new update much 

Message 8 of 33 (5,432 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@MrsJDB69  I totally share your sentiments!  At least we now know what to look out for when it happens again!  😂😂😂

Message 9 of 33 (5,429 Views)

Re: Roommate Race Quest broken

★★ Novice
Same exact problem. Came on here to see if it was just me
Message 10 of 33 (5,381 Views)