Re: Rivals being played on PC

by Marine_CorporaI

Original Post

Rivals being played on PC

★★ Novice

So EA, your telling me, playing a android mobile game via a PC emulator is not considered cheating???? I am seeing people playing CnC Rivals on emulators on PCs... While I have to play it on my phone... So clearly people can hack and cheat if they use a PC... 

Message 1 of 16 (1,006 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

How is using an emulator cheating? I would get it in some other games because the controls are better, but not this game. The advantage you get on an emulator is tiny, or even nonexistent.

And hacking? Personally never seen a hacker. But IF they exist, I‘m pretty sure they can hack on a phone too.

Message 2 of 16 (998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Hack exposes immediately on replay…

Message 3 of 16 (994 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Now Now Now Let's Not Let These Emulators Get In The Way Of Me Paying To Win.

123.png

Message 4 of 16 (979 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

For my personal experience, I react faster on an emulator and the lag that sometimes occur is non-existent. I am a lot more used to computer than android games, that's why I would like to see a PC port of Rivals.

Message 5 of 16 (951 Views)

Playing on an emulator, you have the advantage of clicking quickly to keep your unit following a unit that’s running.

I’ve seen as such on YouTube channels. The amount of clicks they produce cannot be duplicated by tapping with your fingers.
Message 6 of 16 (942 Views)

★★★★ Guide

On emulator you can’t use all your 10 fingers, only one mouse

Message 7 of 16 (935 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@MagShots wrote:

So EA, your telling me, playing a android mobile game via a PC emulator is not considered cheating????

It is not cheating because there is no real considerable advantage to it with regard to gameplay.

In the days of old, we used to play Command & Conquer with the mouse AND the keyboard. This was super useful because you could assign hotkeys to your units for quick access. This is not possible in C&C Rivals.

The main reason why people use the emulator is good access to streaming and recording software. There is no real equivalent for this on smartphones. At least not as good.

I wish that people who claim that using emulators is cheating would try it out themselves, only to realize that they do not get better results on the PC than on the smartphone.

Message 8 of 16 (919 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

They could try out an emulator, if they have a PC and if it's good enough to run an emulator.

Even multi-clienting cannot be punished in an RPG, as long as you don't have anything that performs multiple actions at the same time,

so telling that the usage of emulators is cheating is just a simple ignorant accusation.

Even if there is a way to use hotkeys, it's legal.

Message 9 of 16 (905 Views)

You can use a gaming mouse that allows unlimited clicks to follow a unit that’s running. I’ve seen it before.
Message 10 of 16 (890 Views)