Re: Rifleman and Militant being useless

by Bio-Xima

Original Post

Rifleman and Militant being useless

★ Novice

Hi I'd like everyone to take a look at current situation for scout infantry in both GDI and Nod faction. For long these 2 infantry consitutes my key anti–infantry forces, yet recently I'm finding them less and less useful.

Scout infantry  used to be versatile. They provide basic scouting, they can deal with advanced anti-infantry sqauds when having advantages in numbers, and they are cheap: 10tiberium is the modest price for units.

Yet the 2 recent updates makes all these advantages non–existing. The first update reduced the amount of squad member from 6 to 5. Though the single unit has more hp to remain the total amount of hp the same. Yet this makes no differnce for scout infantries while confronting advanced anti–infantry squads. A single shot from the sniper can take out a rifleman, no matter its health is 100 or 120. So the former squad can take 6 sniper shots but now only 5. Moreover a single unit's dps remains the same while the squad size became smaller, causing the squad to have less initial firepower.

What makes the situation more unacceptable is the buff to flame troopers and shockwave troopers. Before, 2 militant in defensive position was able to kill a flame trooper squad with 1 and a half squad remained alive. After squad size got reduced 2 squad is still able to fight a flame trooper squad with a half of a squad member alive. Now a flame trooper squad or a shockwave trooper squad can kill 2 scout infantry squad no matter they are in attack or defense, and as a shockwave trooper's single shot is enough to take out a rifleman, even a third scout infantry would still have to suffer the loss of 1 or 2 squad member before taking a shockwave trooper.squad which had just wiped out 2 entire rifleman squads.

And as zone troopers and cyborgs are buffed, they can also take out a scout infantry with a single shot, though they were supposed to excel in anti–vehicle missions. This made killing them difficult without advamced anti-infantry squads.

I'm currently at Tiberium League and most battles I have are fought between level 9-11 units. My scouts are already level 10 but I had never invested on flame troopers or shockwave troopers. Now my scouts are getting useless. The only infantry they can fight are anti-vehicle infantries in the barracks. As we are already at the higest league, it's difficult to give up the units we are using for long as it would be a ton of credits to train another unit as replacement. PLEASE MAKE RIFLEMAN AND MILITANT USEFUL ONCE MORE!

Message 1 of 2 (450 Views)

Re: Rifleman and Militant being useless

★★★★★ Apprentice

I see them as canon fooder or a cheap unit to hold grounds. Dont know if they are supposed to be actually effective agains something. Unless you remake them into stronger unit with a highter cost, and this would kill their "objective" of being early game recon.

Message 2 of 2 (354 Views)