Retired Sims Mentoring

by jennytrick

Original Post

Retired Sims Mentoring

★★ Novice

I have a retired sim that reached level 10 in both a hobby and a career (guitar and remixology). When one of my playable sims is free, the adult and child icon pops up above the retired sim's head, but it just provides the standard options that you see if you interact with any other sim like "Tell 'walks into a bar' joke" and it gives me the option to begin a friendship. 

I thought retired sims were supposed to be able to "mentor" your active sims and give them hobby/career points. Is this a feature that's still to come or am I missing something?

I've tried starting the guitar hobby with my active sim before interacting with my retired sim, and I've tried starting a friendship story with the retired sim, but neither have changed the options that come up.

Message 1 of 7 (794 Views)

Re: Retired Sims Mentoring

It's both for career and hobby, so pick a Sim that has both and try it with them.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 7 (756 Views)

★★ Novice

I started my sim in the same career as my retired sim so that they both have remixology as a career and guitar as a hobby but it's still giving me the same friendship options and nothing that gives my sim career or hobby points. 

Message 3 of 7 (730 Views)

[ Edited ]

Could you try clearing the cache?

iOS:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Andriod:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android

(Make sure you don't delete the data) 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 7 (691 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Phantomlover1717 what does mentoring actually do? does it just give you career and hobby points as a 1-time thing? or does it make you better at your career/hobby?

Message 5 of 7 (620 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@cuddlepuddle09 wrote:

@Phantomlover1717 what does mentoring actually do? does it just give you career and hobby points as a 1-time thing? or does it make you better at your career/hobby?

It gives you career/hobby points but it also counts as a family/social event for your daily to-do list.

Message 6 of 7 (608 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
thanks @BlueWizardRob you know everything! it's awesome!
Message 7 of 7 (590 Views)