Retention

by PancakeShack

Original Post

Retention

★★ Apprentice

The appeal to most people of Command and Conquer is the strategy element but in this version of the game strategy seems to take a back seat to lootboxes. I'm fine with losing if my opponent genuinely outplayed me. I'm not okay with losing because my opponent pulled out a bunch of units that I haven't unlocked yet especially when I don't have their counters either. Losing like that is deflating. Not in a let me open my wallet and buy them kind of way but in a screw this game I'm uninstalling kind of way. 

About half my matches have this issue at the moment. This issue may be because of a low population due to the pre-alpha but this is the only version we have to test.  I would hazard a guess and say that if you are able to face people who have significantly better units unlocked then the game will lose alot of players post launch.

I'm sure you guys are set on lootboxes for progression but maybe let people buy "unlocks" with credits and then have the lootbox progression kick in. This way people aren't completely gated off from certain units. 

Message 1 of 1 (159 Views)