Re: Restaurant hiring wrong Sims

by SheriGR

Original Post

Restaurant hiring wrong Sims

★ Guide

I've read about a lot of problems with restaurants but I just noticed one I'm having. I thought I deleted all restaurant mods but I'll have to double check in a bit. Anyways, I tried buying a restaurant and that went well after I finished hiring Sims for the restaurant and opened up. Everything was fine but I noticed the cooks were not the Sims I was supposed to hire! Granted they had better skills than the intended ones but I don't know if this is a bug or there's a mod I need to find and delete. Please let me know if anyone else has this problem. 

Message 1 of 7 (658 Views)

★ Guide

Okay, I just made sure and the only restaurant mod I have is free perks.

Message 2 of 7 (653 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LuisLTPG I have built and run many restaurants, but never with mods. I have never run into this issue, and the fact that your employees are different than the ones hired plus have more skills seems to me an indication that you may be having interference from the mods. You may also want to do a game repair, and clear cache. I would recommend also removing the 'free perks' mod to your desktop also, then do the clear cache and game repair, test the game, then if the bug is gone try re-adding the 'free perks' mod and re-test. 

• Mods or CC  Try removing them and see if this fixes it (as stated above). if It fixes the situation you can re-add one at a time to see which one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch.
    Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods
  • Delete cache
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
  • Repair the game:
    Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game.

Please let us know how it goes. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 7 (642 Views)

★ Guide
I did all the suggested and not only did the same problem persist, a new one popped up. For some silly reason, when I click on the employee manager button, it gives me the option to hire children, WTH?!
Message 4 of 7 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@LuisLTPG Are you having this issue in all of your restaurants? If you are, can you please try removing all mods and CC, clearing the cache, then running the game repair. Then, if you are willing to test to this extent, restart the game and begin a new, fresh game and see if you have the same issue in a restaurant there. I have several restaurants in the gallery that I made in my game and I play with no mods or cc, so these restaurants would be 'clean'. Please try downloading one of them in that new, fresh game and see if the issues turn up there as well.

Following are links to my restaurants in the gallery: 

• Sims Inn Fine Dining https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7AB4AF33DFC611E8893E6995527B6279?category=al...
• Chefs Choice Fine Dining https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/437F3F22E4AD11E8885CADD8C8E84D99?category=al...
• Seaside Inn Fine Dining https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C532649DD98311E88CCBADD8C8E84D99?category=al...

Message 5 of 7 (591 Views)

★ Guide
I did everything as told and no issues were present so I'm pretty sure it's either a mod that messed up everything and/or I needed to start a new game. Now for the next step, put mods back in with a brand new game and see if the error returns.
Message 6 of 7 (569 Views)

Champion

@LuisLTPG I’m so glad that worked so that we now know it was mods. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Message 7 of 7 (566 Views)