Re: Reset ruined the fun

by AlphonseDisciple

Original Post

Reset ruined the fun

★ Apprentice

This reset has ruined the game. Finally get into Tib league doing reasonably well...to ending up in Platinum and losing almost every game? Horrendous game...its going to be dead before the year is out. Bring back Renegade and the old titles like Red Alert and such where you could actually build an army based on what you see...not bring a deck blind against someone and find out you have lost before the game even starts. Nonsense....please bring back a real C&C game. 

Message 1 of 11 (2,543 Views)

★ Guide
The reset was a bad idea, but some people think its a good thing. I would have to disagree, all it did is put everyone in the same league and make it harder to get out with so many players in one spot.
Message 2 of 11 (2,533 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Killa2321 wrote:

This reset has ruined the game. Finally get into Tib league doing reasonably well...to ending up in Platinum and losing almost every game? Horrendous game...its going to be dead before the year is out. Bring back Renegade and the old titles like Red Alert and such where you could actually build an army based on what you see...not bring a deck blind against someone and find out you have lost before the game even starts. Nonsense....please bring back a real C&C game. 

Agreed with every word. Especially bringing a deck blind. I hate that part. 

Message 3 of 11 (2,518 Views)

★ Apprentice

Totally agree, In any game people only move up as you play you gain more experience and you move up. Reset mean whatever you play hard to achieve is gone, also means for those who had spend some money, all gone. I think it is stupid but from the game developer point of view, resetting the player back to a lower level allow you to spend more and means they will earn more money from you. 

Message 4 of 11 (2,429 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This happens every month. This is not a new thing. I would prefer if it only happened in Tiberium league, but I'd also prefer if the Rivals Race didn't exist, so there you go.

It's just the way it is. If it bothers you too much, don't play the game. It sounds rude to say that, but that's really the only way to get out of it.

Message 5 of 11 (2,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Every single game with any sort of ranking system ever always has and will always have either some sort of rank-reset or the option to demote on your own. Since you can not drop down leagues on your own in Rivals, a rank-reset is abolutely necessary. Imagine getting to a new rank by accident and now you are stuck there getting owned nonstop because that rank is too much for you, but you can't get out of it since a rank-reset doesn't exist.

And don't forget that that you won't get send all the way bay to bronze upon a reset. You will be set back only a few devisions.

Message 6 of 11 (2,371 Views)

★ Apprentice

Totally agree.  I guess can see why super casual players could be turned off tho.  Also, resetting Tib players to diamond 1 and Master players to diamond2/3 is really badddd: there's a massive skill difference between those playerbase and not enough separation (especially with 'rival race' mechanic deflating the rankings).  A new league with lvl 12 cap is desperately needed, because  the frustration of those poor diamond/master players will spiral to the lower ranks and griefing newer players to quit prematurely

ps: heyy Maxuss, play a few on your LVL5units account when you've the time xD

Message 7 of 11 (2,343 Views)

★ Apprentice

Getting a rank by accident? Seriously? I think you meant buying their ranks upwards. But even if the non so skilled so called got to the top rank ‘accidentally’ and get stuck is not a bad thing, why? Because he is going to lose every matches after as you said the skillful ones will be on top. If he is going to get stuck in the top leagues but eventually loses every match after, he will then leave the game eventually because it not fun to him anymore. This is the real reasons why EA have the seasons reset. So that these less skillful people can buy their why up again! Repay on What they had paid before because the reset made them lost what they had paid for. On the other hand, skilled player get kicks down to one league downward made those lower league harder to climb the scale. Imagine you are on Diamond league and been reset to gold, play the game upward and reach diamond but you can’t go further because those from the Masters are in the diamond league. Try that for fun. 

Message 8 of 11 (2,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@FrontierWarrior8   For 1 week after the reset, climbing is harder because all the good people are now in the same league as you. But wait only 1 week and they are all gone again, so you will have no problems climbing back up.

What I meant by "climbing by accident" is that sometimes people are just extremely bad, or they surrender instantly, or try out a bad build and loose to you. And since you can have winstreaks in diamond and gain a lot of medals per win, you might end up in masters by accident, a league that it just oo much for you. Now you are there and want to get out, but you can't, because there is no way to drop out of the league. Now the reset saves you, because you will not be trapped in masters for all eternity.

Also, what idiot gets stuck in a high league after paying some money, decides to start over, AND PAYS AGAIN? That makes just no sense. I'm pretty sure the intent of a company is not to make your playerbase quit...

Next, imagine that you climbed to lets say masters, which was pretty hard for you, but you made it. Then for some reason you take a long break from the game. Imagine that the reset didn't happen, and now you are still in masters. Time has passed and everyone is waaaaay better at the game now and you are getting stomped nonstop. Kinda stupid, don't you think? A reset mechanism is NEEDED. It MUST exist. It's NECESSARY to let people fall out of leagues that have proven to be too much to handle for them.

But I have to admit, the current system is not perfect. The resets are too frequent and throw you back a bit too much. A better solution would be to just let people fall out of leagues after they reached its bottom and lost like 2-3 games in a row or some system similar to that.

@backtobatcounty  The reset system serves a purpose, but it's definetely flawed. A level 12 league would be nice. I'd also like to see more map rotations in other leagues. I've played on the maps from bronze league only a few times, would be nice if they would appear elsewhere more often (and other rare maps too, of course).

As for my lvl 5 acc... idk, I've lost motivation. Made it to diamond 3 (or even dia 2, can't remember), but then it stopped being fun. I also barely play on my main account too at the moment. Without patches to keep the game fresh, it is getting stale. Meta has been basically the same for months now and there are still tons of flaws in the game, especially with tech units. I still do the monthly climb to tib league and a few events now and then, but right now I am mostly waiting for a bigger patch to spice the game up a bit.

Message 9 of 11 (2,287 Views)

★ Novice

I spent money to upgrade characters  to make them stronger and faster so I can finally win. As soon as I did that you guys made them weaker, more expensive and delay longer before acting to defend themselves. I spent so much time to upgrade slingshot to level 14, and it's still slow and weak. This game is not fun anymore. I don't recommend to players to invest in this game. Sorry I don't have anything nice to say about this game, but you did this. Put it back the way it was and leave it alone. 

Message 10 of 11 (1,981 Views)