Re: Requesting change of loot boxes

by AcidSnowScArab

Original Post

Requesting change of loot boxes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The cost of leveling units increased significantly when Getting to the late game stage. I’m not asking to change the cost, but to give us an option when opening loot boxes, aka Crates.

Most of us have to focus on one faction for the most part due to the cost issue aforementioned. Yet, the crates include all factions every single time. How about give us the choice of GDI cards or NOD cards at the time of crate openings? Nobody really loses anything, maybe except the game revenue? (That I’m not sure, just a feeling) 

i feel like like it would make our money/diamond spending more focused, as a strategy game. Having this option will allow us to better strategize. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 9 (627 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Everyone wants to win, ofc, but getting too narrow sighted about maxing one faction or another takes the fun out of the game.  If all you want to do is win, then you're missing the point of gaming; I've been playing for seven months or so and only in the last two or so have I relaxed my mindset about winning every game.  Now I tend to mess around a bit more, because winning in this game really doesn't do anything for you other than give you two fuel instead of one - big whoop.

Power leveling your cards in the hopes of having stronger units than your opponent only means that you're occasionally gonna get two fuel rather than one.  If you're sticking to one faction, you're basically only playing half the game...

Message 2 of 9 (616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No one said you should just go and max one faction. It’s an option to focus on one faction with the high cost at late stage of the game in mind. Abusing something to death is almost always not a good thing. So yeah, it could be one of the side effects of having my proposed change. But that’s not my argument here. 

However, if all you want is to just go and make quick conclusions on how I play the game, it’s easy for you to miss this point. I take your point, it could potentially be unfavorable for some players in terms of playing both factions and getting to know all. But that’s a choice, what I’m proposing is an option.

Message 3 of 9 (595 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The crates are trash. I don’t even look at what’s inside. Not to mention spending diamonds.

Message 4 of 9 (570 Views)

How is playing only one faction half the game? You either win or you lose no matter which faction you play with. I for one cannot stand NOD. There voices and units look and sound totally cheesy to me.

By playing one faction, you actually get further in the game in less time.
Message 5 of 9 (543 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:
How is playing only one faction half the game? You either win or you lose no matter which faction you play with. I for one cannot stand NOD. There voices and units look and sound totally cheesy to me.

By playing one faction, you actually get further in the game in less time.

Why you don't like the Nod voice actors? I mean the chem buggy's and attack bike's voice acting is terrible but not the tick tank and banshee. I am very curious as to what accent the tick tank is speaking. Can someone tell me what accent he is. Some of the voice acting is barely audible to the point that you'd mistake one phrase for another. One can actually go very far on faction compared to doing two. If you play on both GDI and Nod, you'd probably reach Platinum within a week; if its only GDI, then perhaps late diamond to early master. I heard of a tactic that unlocks Nod within a day or two by rushing from bronze to diamond as GDI.

Message 6 of 9 (538 Views)

There is just nothing I like about NOD. Nothing. Their voices suck. Their vehicles are stupid. They resemble insects. Everything is just cheesy to me. They are like a cross between Al Qaeda and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Mutants. Cyborgs. Rocket bikes. Tarantula looking things. Avatar giants. Give me a break. Not for me.

“For Kane!” That just makes me cringe. It’s so ridiculous. I cannot get behind them.
Message 7 of 9 (510 Views)

★★ Apprentice
EA considers you a insect
Message 8 of 9 (496 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well, the Nod unit's names and schemes are based on reptiles, amphibians and invertibrates. For GDI, its based on mammals and birds. The unit that resembles an insect the most is the scarab. I bet even a zone trooper could squish one with his foot, that is with intended consequences.

Message 9 of 9 (478 Views)