Request: Console Key in Options

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Request: Console Key in Options

Champion

Please let us select which key to bind the console key to. The ~ is too close to the keys in use. If we could simply bind it to somewhere on the right side of the keyboard, that will help tremendously. I don't know how many times that messed me up in combat. Please do it!

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 3 (599 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Request: Console Key in Options

EA DICE Team

Hey, @SterlingARCH3R good suggestions.

Just to add some insight to why its there.

That keybinding has been designed and coded in to always work from a development point of view in case something brakes while you are testing/working with a frostbite game. It acts like a master key that is aimed to always work.

I'll send the feedback to the teams but I'm not sure if it can be changed or not.

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (497 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @SterlingARCH3R good suggestions.

Just to add some insight to why its there.

That keybinding has been designed and coded in to always work from a development point of view in case something brakes while you are testing/working with a frostbite game. It acts like a master key that is aimed to always work.

I'll send the feedback to the teams but I'm not sure if it can be changed or not.

/Atic 

Message 2 of 3 (498 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Atic I was told today to post this as a bug report. Every other game I've played with a console window allows for re-binding or disabling the console window.
Message 3 of 3 (280 Views)