Request: Choose Default Fire Mode in Options

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Request: Choose Default Fire Mode in Options

Champion

I made this suggestion recently on the BF1 forum, but I'm hoping to see this for BFV.

There should be an option in the Options > Gameplay menu to change your default firing mode. The choices should be either the current in-game setting, or the mode you last selected.

Case in point: In BF1, the Bar M1918A2 always defaults to the slow fire rate full auto mode. That holds true even if you change the fire mode, die, then redeploy - your fire mode will default back to the slower fire mode. Since I like to play CQB, it's better for me to have this default to the faster fire rate full auto mode. Even when I have the bipod deployed, it's better to have the fast fire rate full auto mode on because the recoil gets reduced. If I'm standing (i.e. not using the bipod) and I'm shooting medium to long distance, then that's when I prefer to manually change the fire mode to the slower fire rate mode.

Overall, it should be set to the firing mode that you use most often, which the current in-game default does not always represent. So, this request is mostly a quality of life improvement.

Please add this feature to BFV!

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 3 (726 Views)

Re: Request: Choose Default Fire Mode in Options

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Over all good feedback and I total agree on that there should be default fire mode in options on guns that have several fire mode. 

I have sent the feedback on.

/Atic 

Message 2 of 3 (614 Views)

Re: Request: Choose Default Fire Mode in Options

Champion

IIRC, BFV Beta implemented this so that the previous fire rate automatically applies.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 3 of 3 (501 Views)