Release the FVPD Charger as an abandoned car.

by Jacobba55

Original Post

Release the FVPD Charger as an abandoned car.

★★★★ Guide

I have a mission. To see to it personally, that the Dodge Charger SRT8, utilised by the FVPD, is released as an abandoned car. Following the immensely successful release of the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (CVPI) as an abandoned car, the Charger would receive the same overwhelmingly positive reception. After doing my research into this topic, I found that Payback's community would support the release of new abandoned cars, which would keep the game "alive" and enable players to continue to enjoy this individual game and the whole franchise. The FVPD Charger is the perfect car to release as an abandoned vehicle, as most of it's data is already within the game, and it's a solution to the already unnecessary performance cap on the Crown Victoria, (as is the Police Corvette Grand Sport and the SWAT Rhino, so why not add these for some variety?) meaning it would be easier and much more efficient to add. If you agree with this idea, please spread awareness of the demand for the Charger and other police vehicles and help in any way you can, to make the game as best as possible. Preferably, before it's too late and more people begin to abandon the game (and possibly the NFS series). Thank you for reading this, I look forward to the next NFS, but also hope that we may get the other FVPD vehicles (and more) in this game!

Message 1 of 5 (982 Views)

Re: Release the FVPD Charger as an abandoned car.

★★ Expert

@Jacobba55 

Great idea but EA & Ghost Studios have already begun the next game for this year 2019 come this summer!

So anymore updates on payback will just be a dream, but don't bank on it.

Thanks for your loyal support & comments.

Have a great weekend.

Message 2 of 5 (941 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@BLVD69

Yes, I'm aware that they've shifted their resources to the latest project. It's all a bit disheartening really, I've been endeavouring to try and bring about the change, everything from EA help/answers, creating my own PS4 community, even making a petition! But the real problem is the player's perceptions, unfortunately the common belief is that the June update was the last (sadly this belief is probably justified) and that as you rightly pointed out, any future updates really are a dream that just won't come true...

My only hope now is that they don't discontinue multiplayer server support, and that they might release police vehicles (such as the Crown Vic) in the next game. Though I am excited to see what the next police force has to offer! Thanks for the reply and advice, have a nice day.

Message 3 of 5 (935 Views)

★★ Expert

@Jacobba55 

I believe the multi player support should continue at least through the rest of 2019 and might be cut of by early spring 2020 is my guess.

We will just have to wait and see what they decide to do. 

Have a great day and dont forget to XP me back thanks again. 

Message 4 of 5 (930 Views)

@Jacobba55 wrote:

My only hope now is that they don't discontinue multiplayer server support

@BLVD69 wrote:

Jacobba55 

I believe the multi player support should continue at least through the rest of 2019 and might be cut of by early spring 2020 is my guess.

The oldest NFS online server that is still up and running is NFS Carbon's servers. From 2006 to now, it can still be played online. At least the PC version.

It's still online after 13 years!!!

The first NFS game made by Ghost Games, which is NFS Rivals, has online servers that is still up and running. From 2013 to now, it can still be played online.

So you don't have anything to worry about for NFS Payback's online servers anytime soon.

Although the older the game is, the more dead the online servers are.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 5 (913 Views)