Re: Regera is ruining the whole online speedlist experience

by JT1031224

Original Post

Regera is ruining the whole online speedlist experience

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Every lobby is full of regeras because of their stupid topspeed and i am sick to see them online.

Nerf them or put them into separate lobbys with supercars because at the moment they are ruining the whole online experience.

When you're doing a sprint race that has mostly open straight roads, it's pretty much impossible to catch up to them . They are always catching up and often it doesn't matter when they crash because on long straights they get you again. Most 399 cars can only hit a top speed of 235 (not including NOS), but the Regera can hit a top speed of like 265. Yea I could buy one but then there would really be no challenge or anything. Please nerf that car or buff the topspeed of the others because as of now there's only going to be lobbies full of Regera's if nothing is done about this.  

Message 1 of 13 (1,055 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
my experience of multi-player is that most people online are using the Regera as a 250mph missile designed to take you and everyone else out of the race. Rage quit much?
Message 2 of 13 (1,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree up to a point, the Regera is so much more powerful it will inevitably lead to more racers using it as a first choice car. It may be worth pointing out that you do get an Underdog Bonus for earning a placing in a race if you can't actually win. Personally, I like the challenge of using a lower spec vehicle. As you say, on routes with long straights it is pretty near impossible, but on the winding tracks, it's down to driver skill as much as raw horsepower. It does seem a bit peculiar having a car that is so much better than anything else available? You have to wonder why the decision was taken to include this model? Maybe someone at Ghost has shares in Koenigsegg, and is hoping for a boost in sales? They are beatable though. I'm just starting online and expect competition to get harder, but at my level, they aren't invincible. Happy gaming.

Message 3 of 13 (970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I second that. Either get rid of the Regera or add a few more and put them in their own class. It's not just the top speed, it's the weight of them that gives you no chance in a collision.

Message 4 of 13 (921 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Same here, i used Eddie's skyline only won on races with lots of turns against Regeras

used the Regera and immediately someone spins me out at the starting line. i still managed to get second place (missed a checkpoint had to turn around)

The Regera could be reclassified as a tier 4 car or something and make the speedlist by tier

Message 5 of 13 (805 Views)

★★ Expert

@X_Bischof_X 

You make a valid point there.

Nothing worse then the same car winning all the gems in the game.

Time for you to shake the dust off the garage and just go buy one of them for yourself.

I know you don't want one of those cars...but man you gotta get your Roll on the road and show them others whos Boss in the game.

Sure its a broken down looking car....but trust me your gonna enjoy the views once you're winning the events!

Enjoy the ride!

Regards

BLVD69

Message 6 of 13 (792 Views)

★★ Pro

Thats not the only thing that ruins it , I went on just once for one race and had more then enough of players driving like they don't see you. No point in avoiding you when they can run right into you every single time. Just go full throttle right through every one to get that win . I said nope...enough of this BS , left the speed lists and wont be back.

Message 7 of 13 (766 Views)

★ Guide

oh its that post again..

the regera itself isn't a problem at all, it's the combination of regera + boring straight tracks.

they won't and they shouldn't nerf the regera, they should just remove those boring straight tracks.

and in comaprison the regera isn't the best car neither, a beetle,a rsr,a f132 they all can leave the regera as far behind and technical tracks as the regera does on those straights.

it might get a problem if most players use the regera and so only chose straight tracks, but then again just remove those tracks, if i want to drive straights i can do drags, no point of having those tracks in the first place.

Message 8 of 13 (746 Views)

★★ Pro

@ln5aNeGuY

Your are right , the Regera isn't the fastest. Mash the throttle and the car breaks loose , burns the tires and does a small turbo bog. Now that is a cool touch IMHO as it gives the car a beastly feel but as it always is burning the tires off the line equates to slow lauches. My Drag Trans Am will leave the Regera in the rear view every time...well except on turns though . lol

Message 9 of 13 (701 Views)

★ Apprentice
Although nerfing the Regera would be a solution, it could affect a lot of players. If EA reads this replay, I want them to use this system where depending on how fast your car is compared to the opponents, the lobby would be balanced. So if you are racing a cheap car with no upgrades, you would be racing with racers that have a cheap car w/o any upgrades.
Message 10 of 13 (651 Views)