Re: Recent update buffs and nerfs

by rapcorist

Original Post

Recent update buffs and nerfs

Champion (Retired)
I just read the changes being made to a few characters. For the most part I completely understand the reasoning for going about it like you guys did. So big ups for the fine tuning!! Especially for Capt Cannon, I liked him ok before, but will really be able to put some work in with him. That being said, for the life of me I still can't figure out why no changes have been made to Petrified Cactus. I base my decisions off multiplayer play, is he just not meant for that? I rarely see anybody using him, and when I do it's usually someone close to max rank just trying to grind through it. Maybe Istill just me, yet I seem to use all other characters just fine in the game. I think one simple suggestion would help. He does fine at close range, but can be a bit redundant at a distance. If you could make it so the reticle changed a different color when the egg is near an opponent it would help tremendously. Even for a split second (which I guess is all it could be really). It would still be challenging at first, but would become a little more natural with practice. I'm an older gamer so my eyes aren't as quick with the timing, so i would appreciate any help I can get. Last but not least, the Petrified Cactus looks awesome, I'd like to see more of him in gameplay. Don't ya'll think it sucks to design such a sweet character that nobody uses?
Message 1 of 11 (968 Views)

Here's a link for those who don't know how to find it.

http://www.pvzgw2.com/news/character-balancing

Message 2 of 11 (929 Views)

★★ Novice

Petrified cactus is extremely powerful.  Look for maddogg on twitch and watch him tear through everyonewith the petrified cactus.  You just need practice learning the distance.

Message 3 of 11 (888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Petrified cactus could get get a slightly LESS harsher movement speed penalty. It is so damn easy to kill because she is very thicc and tall.

Message 4 of 11 (881 Views)

★ Apprentice

I already played against him. Still does not mean petrified and jade cactus could use less of a harsher speed movement buff.

Message 5 of 11 (878 Views)

Champion (Retired)
No argument with needing more practice at a distance. I have seen people do well him as well. And yes he is powerful, never said he needed a buff. I'm just saying I'd like to see more of him in the game, and that a change to the reticle would entice more players to use him. I don't think that would overpower him by any means. A quick flash on the reticle, all I'm asking for.
Message 6 of 11 (862 Views)

★ Apprentice

The reticle is needed to time the shots. There is a reason deto variants have them

Message 7 of 11 (838 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This game -in the ad's- is said to be supposedly better than the first. 

Yeah right. Did anyone here on the forums ASK for the nerf to the Armor Chomper? No I don't recall this.

Nor do I recall anyone here asking for the dummy shield's mechanic to be changed. Are there any All star players here? I am.

Having FOUR shields on the field is perfect, as only 2 can be held at a time. What is the point of having two at the ready when only THREE

can be deployed?! Deploying 4 shields is a key element to the All star's play style. I would like this reverted. These are my findings.

Stay tuned.

Message 8 of 11 (773 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well R.I.P Hover goat. That was my main zombie character too

Message 9 of 11 (743 Views)

★ Apprentice

Has there been any discussion about buffing tank commander? I find the soldier to be fairly difficult in general, but this variant seems hopelessly underpowered. Am I missing something? 

Message 10 of 11 (742 Views)