Re: Rebuilding Harvesters shouldn’t be free...

by Shinerplunderer

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@Shinerplunderer wrote:

Speaking of harvesters, can any vehicle run over an infantry? 

In other C&C games, like C&C 3, light vehicles (like bikes, rhino or pitbull) couldn't, heavy vehicles could (like tanks), and massive vehicles (the big bois like mammoth tank or avatar) could, but they could also run over light and heavy vehicles, destroying them instantly.

In rivals, infantry and vehicles can not be run over. The only exception is the mammoth tank, this massive beauty kept its ability to crush infantry, but not vehicles.

The reason why it seemed like the harvester ran over your units is because you surrounded his base. At this point any unit other than the harvester has no space to spawn in and spawns in the next open space closest to the base. Harvesters do the same, but they are programmed a bit differently, it may happen that they move through the enemies units (moving through units usually only works with your own units) while trying to reach the tiberium fields. But don't worry, all this does is making the harvester reach the tiberium faster. Your units will not take damage.

Message 11 of 36 (650 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@AlphonseDisciple wrote:

Anyone else agree? I mean, the 100 bonus for destroying one is super nice, but there should be a penalty on the other side as well. At least half price to replace one. 

Why? They are already penalized by getting Tiberium at a slower rate, and their opponent being 100 Tiberium richer than before.

Message 12 of 36 (647 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@xrmiao4 wrote:

The whole point of rush is just luck and micros. It's not like you spend tib to protect your harv then you will protect your harv. No, you will lose it no matter what. And losing a harv shouldn't be decisive.

This literally makes no sense. You just said that if you protect your Harvester you’ll still lose it. Smh. I just lost brain cells reading that response. And a rush is just luck? You can’t be serious right now. 🤦🏾‍♂️ 

Message 13 of 36 (616 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Cerinah106 wrote:

and in no other cnc u get tiberium WITHOUT a harvester....

so why do you want to have costs for rebuild them?

imo its better to get no tib when u didnt build a harv. that would change the rushs over and over....

I literally answered that question in the original post. I think there should be a penalty if you fail to protect your Harvester. And I agree, if you don’t have a Harvester, you shouldn’t get any Tib at all. I like that idea. 

Message 14 of 36 (616 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Mister_Crac wrote:

@AlphonseDisciple wrote:

Anyone else agree? I mean, the 100 bonus for destroying one is super nice, but there should be a penalty on the other side as well. At least half price to replace one. 

Why? They are already penalized by getting Tiberium at a slower rate, and their opponent being 100 Tiberium richer than before.

Getting Tib at a slower rate is not a penalty. That’s normal if you don’t have a Harvester. I can not build one at all and I’ll have that same thing. So that’s not a penalty. And the opponent gaining something isn’t a penalty to that person. It’s a bonus to the opponent. If you lose your Harvester you should be penalized and have to pay to replace it. 

Message 15 of 36 (615 Views)

★ Guide

Maybe the bonus should be nerfed and the % that is removed goes to the player who lost the harvester as a compensation. The harvester should also be paid, like 60 for the 1st, 40 for 1st replace, 20 for 2nd, 10 for 3rd, 0 for 4th and 5th and after that you get free 20 tib each time you purchase a free harvester. I mean who keeps having his own harvester destroyed?! Its like an idiot who nearly drowned in the toilet and the paramedics arrive only for him to have the same issue again and again.

Message 16 of 36 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Harvesters are strategic units that can take a hit and take a pad it’s just like any other unit screw the hundred tib bonus make it cost for them to be rebuilt 

Message 17 of 36 (595 Views)

★ Guide
its free for a good reason. its fine how it is if u ask me. there are so many down sides with going up 2 harvs its fine that they are free... i mean killing them gives such a huge boost whats your issue with that they are free?
Message 18 of 36 (575 Views)

★ Guide

I mean if a harvester keeps on getting destroyed, how would one defend it? A titan or two can reduce these moving metal containers to free tiberium. Make them tougher or reduce the yield of the tiberium. If only they can protect themselves by running infantry over. I wouldn't have to bother using a rifleman to defend rather than to scout. I mean if a harvester squishes a missile squad its fine, but if its a jump-jet, then it takes damage.

Message 19 of 36 (568 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@AlphonseDisciple wrote:

Getting Tib at a slower rate is not a penalty. That’s normal if you don’t have a Harvester. I can not build one at all and I’ll have that same thing. So that’s not a penalty. And the opponent gaining something isn’t a penalty to that person. It’s a bonus to the opponent. If you lose your Harvester you should be penalized and have to pay to replace it. 

The thing is, there are already way too many people who play this game as "Destroy your opponent's harvester" instead of "Destroy your opponent's base". The number of people I have seen where I fended off their attack, and they still kept attacking my harvester is insane.

Therefore I think we should not further promote harvester attacks. If anything, the game should remind people of the actual task that you have to do as a commander.

Message 20 of 36 (564 Views)