Re: Random Lines to start every period

by davehoehn970

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MaskedMan2014 

Can't say I disagree, but at least we have all the time we need outside of a game to set good lines, if we ever ask the CPU what our "best lines" are 🤣

I'm far more worried about the CPU's "logic" behind some of the trades the AI GMs make or offer, that they never seem to extend/negotiate contracts during the season (and as some have pointed out, not even during the "re-sign phase", letting players walk or sit out that would never in a million years be in that situation IRL), and other logic holes.

There are just some basics that have to be addressed, and our only chance at that is speaking up.

Message 11 of 18 (543 Views)

Hero

I’ve never seen it randomised; it’s always whatever line I had on at the end of the period that starts the next...unless I manually change it before going to the intermission as was suggested. 

•—————————————————•

If a message helped you, please give it XP! Click the XP button at the bottom of the post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Not an EA employee

Banner AHQ Hero Mass Effect.png

Message 12 of 18 (490 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@davehoehn970 I recently discovered this as well. Why is the 2nd or 3rd lines being chosen in a new period. Would be nice to have the option to disable cut scenes. Sure it's nice the first time but it wastes time, however I also know cut scenes are part of the game to allow the game to process.
Message 13 of 18 (443 Views)

Community Manager

@sportball_punker 

It's a habit for me to change lines with every stoppage. At the end of a period, I change to my top lines so they are ready to go after the intermission so I haven't noticed any randomness since I'm always manually changing lines. I'll try to stop myself from changing lines so I can see if they are random or just the previous lines you were using are automatically being used for the start of the period. Regardless, manual line changing is a very quick and easy method of using the lines you want.

Aljo.png
Message 14 of 18 (428 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think I've figured out why the line choices appear to be "random"... this might not be the answer 100% of the time, indicating some flawed "logic" still in the code, but it appears that the CPU is selecting the lines that have the most leftover energy when the period ends, as if those would be the next lines thrown out there if play was continuing and a manual line change wasn't executed.

This remains dumb, if true. An intermission sets everyone's energy back to full (just like winning a fight, which, come on... a guy doesn't go from dead tired to full because he watched someone else fight. But, you're an arcade game, not a sim, so...). With everyone at full, there's no reason why I'd throw my third D pair on the ice. Combined with my previous arguments about actual line strategy (home team having final choice), you need to have more time (and obvious logic) to choose your lines at the start of a period. You would never choose at the end of a period who to start the next period with based on their energy reserves at the end of the previous period.

As mentioned previously, it can become a habit (I've made it mine) to just choose as a period ends, where the "presentation" gives you more time, but the behavior is still stupid and illogical, and should be fixed.

We know the company doesn't care, because we're not talking about a loot crate profit mode, but please put some resources into the sim mode that many of us do actually play, care about, and has been the reason we've been playing since '94.

Message 15 of 18 (402 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Also, did this get moved out of the Bug Reports forum??

Message 16 of 18 (396 Views)

Franchise uses adaptive strategies similar to BaP, doesn't it? Would make sense you're getting seemingly random lines to start each time with an aggressive styled coach with a near-maxed slider.

With this feature turned off and having a balance-minded coach you should see your best line start each time since everyone's energy would be topped up each period.

I believe the post was moved from bug reports since a few users agree it's an intended feature, and this has already drawn enough attention to start a proper conversation.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 17 of 18 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@TTZ_Dipsy 

If this is intended, it's as poorly-thought out and non-explained as a ton of other FM "features".  FWIW, my coach is "balanced", so if it works as you describe (it doesn't), it's broken.

Message 18 of 18 (341 Views)