Rando is killing this game for me.

by PremierVenoth

Original Post

Rando is killing this game for me.

★★★ Guide

Hello,

Just to be sure - your options for leveling up your troops/getting cards are only 1 - get lucking in loot boxes.  2 increase "luck" by buying more loot boxes.  3 - save up money to be able to buy 1 rare card - at random - maybe? 3-7 plus times.

I'm not missing anything right?  Guildies can't donate rares, so that's off the table.

Because I keep going up in leagues... and I keep pushing on.  But my GDI titan has been stuck at 0/3 cards for about as long as I've been playing.  Yes, I'm working around it, but it's a pretty sad, wet, kitten that there's no real way to increase it other then... hope?

But at this point, trying to field this level 6 Titan is just pathetic.  It's paper rock scissors... but my rock is looking more like mica these days.

-Feeling Stuck poking at the Paywall

PV

Message 1 of 9 (519 Views)

Re: Rando is killing this game for me.

★★★★★ Guide
Random crate rewards sucks sometimes, but the game does weight things you have the least of higher than other cards, so keep holding on to hope. Also spend those diamonds rushing crates! Personally I rush anything but common crates. Rares give you a couple diamonds so that helps out. For every 150 crates you should get 5 epic crates and I think 30 rare (gold) crates. So that is your best method of collecting rare and epic cards. Good luck!
Message 2 of 9 (498 Views)

★★★ Guide

I've been thinking I'd save my crystals to get the 2nd tier credits... since over ALL units credits are the limiting factor.  But IDK - maybe rushing crates is better - I see a number of people doing it.  Think I might be doing it wrong....

Thanks.

Message 3 of 9 (471 Views)

★★★★ Guide
your not and sometimes i dont think that its random
why i say this is bc i received 3 purple crates with pretty much the same thing in all three
Message 4 of 9 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

800 diamonds gets you 14k credits for tier 2 credit package

800 diamonds gets you 33 rushed crates at 24 diamonds per. If you took all 150 crates from the crate order (at level 60 max level) and averaged their contents together, then multiplied by 33 you would get:

10164 credits
66 diamonds (2 more rushed crates)
518 common cards
148.5 rare cards
18.15 epic cards

So you would lose out on about 4k credits but that is about a days worth of credits at max level. In my opinion the cards you get more than make up for that. But A) Rushing crates takes much more time and energy than a 1 click shop purchase and B) these are all assuming you are at level 60 max level contents. So your mileage may vary. But the general consensus is rushing crates takes the most time and energy, but yields the biggest profits.

Message 5 of 9 (462 Views)

★★★ Guide
Yeah, my initial plan is to only spend resources for items with defined numbers. I do the same thing in the other EA title SWGOH. As a rule EA likes to use loot boxes like some people use thumb-screws..... But the 3 hour boxes do give an expected number credits too, so, IDK.
Message 6 of 9 (459 Views)

★★ Novice

Rush crates but not for 24 diamonds a pop. You get the same resources per Diamond if you rush for less per crate but if you rush whenever you log into the game and keep a stock of Diamonds you'll have crates counting down 24/7 without breaks while if you spend all your Diamonds rushing at once you'll inevitably have downtime as you wont login every 2h55m exactly.

Message 7 of 9 (438 Views)

★★★ Guide

'Be smart' - definitely.  I've just been using timing and haven't' rushed anything - which has let me add up those crystals - but its probably not the best way to run this thing.

Still going out on a short limb here and saying loot boxes are ruining gaming.  EA stahp.

Message 8 of 9 (429 Views)

★★★★ Guide
yes agreed the whole money system is really bad for this game
Message 9 of 9 (389 Views)