Re: Race type tuning seems like a mokery. Steering is a joke

by BLVD69

Original Post

Race type tuning seems like a mokery. Steering is a joke

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I can say, that i've tried tuning a bunch of race type cars and verified, that no matter the downforce level, no matter the car, there is no less or more grip this way as expected, no less or more drift, with or without spoiler which seems to be cosmetic in this game.

It's very weird that this happens though, since every other car type tuning, works as expected according to their own settings, only this behaves like changing nothing. The only difference it makes, is about the top speed, acceleration is not so easy to understand it but it's minor, although it should be, since aerodynamic can have huge impact on a car, but not in this game !!

Coming to steering now, i've noticed a mixed behavior depending the car's powertrain axle. Some cars stop turning when throttle is released and some increase their angle. Both results are totally wrong and annoying. Couple of examples, boss 302 turns like a whale when in race mode, and hammering the gas, will not even make it drift like most of RWD cars do, the beetle behaves ever worse, the Golf gti although FWD, refuses to grip, low friction, despite that the engine is right above the axle which is supposed to assist on this, and even this goes straight upon gas release.

Another impressive example, is those of the two corvettes. The grand sport is literally a trash, refuses to turn, even to drift, no "live" sound, made for beauty, and there comes the Z06, a diamond, not that beautifull, but it can turn without problem, has better sound but still not "live".

In other words, in order to turn with half of the cars here, u have to get a good one that can drift, but that means lack of grip and thus, movement forward. I wonder if those behaviors are limited to keyboard and controllers users, although i doubt it.

Next ghost quickie game? No matter if they make one, i'm not buying. So many mistakes in a game that i have found, speak very loud for a company, like the previous ones. First to implement annoying effects but last for proper work.

Message 1 of 2 (351 Views)

Re: Race type tuning seems like a mokery. Steering is a joke

★★ Expert

@SpirosFX 

The problem is its a video game and not a real car in reality.

Down force in a video game all depends on how each car is to work within a game.

Many automakers dont want thier cars messed with too much, so EA has to fulfil thier wishes!

This of course leaves valuable consumers like us vulnerable & left wanting more from our virtual cars.

Sadly, this is EA and the Greed seems to come first, rather than meeting the consumer halfway to a good product!  

Have a good day! 

Message 2 of 2 (317 Views)