Re: Race runs are fun but.....

by EinarThePillager

Original Post

Race runs are fun but.....

★★★★ Guide

if your going to have race wars then a couple of things that need to happen. 

1. a player should have a choice if they want to be in it or not

2. a player should have the choice of which faction to play not forced!

3. remove unit lvls and make it pure skill not see who has the higher unit lvl

i know im not the only one that might think this 

the last 3 wars i was a part of was gdi i have YET get one for nod which to me is really strange and how do you pick the players for this any how 

then there are some i didnt even know that was happening 

devs needs to clean this up 

Message 1 of 6 (535 Views)

The races were intended to give people an incentive to keep climbing the ranked ladder but it's almost having the opposite effect.  Lots of players are manipulating their medal count to game the system.  They should figure out a better metric to base the race on.  I also agree they need to have better visibility on when and how you join a race.

Message 2 of 6 (519 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@punishertrd wrote:

if your going to have race wars then a couple of things that need to happen. 

1. a player should have a choice if they want to be in it or not

Absolutely this. Everybody who applies a little common sense to things would come to the same conclusion: You don't force the participation in an event or race on somebody. You let them decide whether they want to be in it or not.

In other words: Treat people like adults. For some weird reason, this simple and elegant rule that makes everything better is not followed by EA/Redwood.

Message 3 of 6 (509 Views)

What am I missing here? If you don’t want to race, then just ignore the race and play normally.   Just cuz it’s there, it doesn’t mean that you have to go all out and lose sleep st night to climb to #1. 

Just ignore it. Or is it an ego thing if you only play 10 games a day and end up at 6th place?

Message 4 of 6 (498 Views)

Lots of things are annoying. NOD and it’s ridiculous insect based units are annoying to me.  The ridiculous explojis are annoying. The emotes are annoying. Whenever I hear ”For Kane!”, I find that annoying. Tech units are annoying. 

Message 5 of 6 (470 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@TeutonicVvarrior wrote:

The races were intended to give people an incentive to keep climbing the ranked ladder but it's almost having the opposite effect.  Lots of players are manipulating their medal count to game the system.  They should figure out a better metric to base the race on.  I also agree they need to have better visibility on when and how you join a race.

I would like the race changed. The conditions for a player to join a race must be the same, but the points are based on the number of battles one has done. If a player played a hundred times, he'd definitely win unless someone played a hundred and twenty times.

The points could also be entirely different in the sense that once in a race, you are pitted against other players in the group to gain points. More wins against other players within the race means more points. Any win from players within the same race are not counted as medals for your rank. You just battle and win matches against other players that share the same race you have.

Message 6 of 6 (447 Views)