ROSTER DUMPING - Please find a fix

by Bruutuskhan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ROSTER DUMPING - Please find a fix

★★★ Newbie

I generally play only Online Franchise mode, and there are 2 things that make this mode extremely frustrating.

#1 ROSTER dumping!!! OMG!  This seems to be running rampant, and is killing good leagues and I know several players stopped playing Madden, and turned to either RD2 or 2k now that they "lost" their league, so I believe first hand, EA/Madden should have an interest in helping end this problem, as it's costing them future earnings.

You could set it for league owner to set it to "NO CUTS", like you can turn off trading.  This is not ideal but better than the as-is, or some limitation on cutting players above "X" overall setting too without league owner permission, another option would be to enable a league owner to set players to non-tradable/non-cuttable to protect league from guys revamping the look of a league without preventing teams from making moves/trades.

Another option would be to set up a PSN account name reporting that league owners could report evidence of "roster dumping".  This would flag the PSN account with EA, and future Madden Leagues would be notified if someone who is flagged is trying to join their league.  At least then, they'd be able to have a conversation and ask for an explanation, or just steer clear of the potential league killer.  OR at least have their PSN account reported to a site, where a league owner can run a search by typing in someone's PSN account, and it can come back as "Flagged".  The list would not then need to be "published", but if you ran a search, could come back as a potential bad apple.  

To spend 4-5 months building a league/history/stats/rosters, and have someone come in and just destroy it all just doesn't make sense.  WHY someone would want to do this?? I have no clue, but I've seen it in 3 leagues now.  It has me ?'ing playing any longer.

#2 Exporting our team is something I've mentioned before and everyone I've asked who plays Online Franchise LOVES the idea.   It would make it so we could be able to play each other H2H in friend mode & that would just be great, and for leagues that fold or get deleted, it would be awesome to at least still have access to our team we had built over the seasons.

Message 1 of 3 (920 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ROSTER DUMPING - Please find a fix

Community Manager

This is some great feedback about the unfortunate experience you had with another owner. For the time being there isn't a way to prevent that and we can only recommend inviting players to a league that you can fully trust in honoring the league's personal code of conduct. I do like your idea of giving league owners the ability to prevent cuts. Thanks for taking time out to write to us.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (900 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

This is some great feedback about the unfortunate experience you had with another owner. For the time being there isn't a way to prevent that and we can only recommend inviting players to a league that you can fully trust in honoring the league's personal code of conduct. I do like your idea of giving league owners the ability to prevent cuts. Thanks for taking time out to write to us.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s 2023.  Four years after this user provided real options to preventing roster dumping.  The suggestion of finding “honest people” to join our league is just not acceptable.  Their is not many people in this world that knows 31 other madden players to create an “honest league.”  So we are left going into public forums to find other users, which on my experience always brings in a roster dumper.  Ea you have to do better as four years down the road roster dumping is still rampant.  I beg you at least allow us to report them to y’all so you can make the decision to band them from playing online?

Message 3 of 3 (344 Views)