Re: RIP GW2 :(

by TallerGoblin

Original Post

RIP GW2 :(

★★★ Apprentice
So it's off to gamestop with my copy of GW2. Here are my top 5 reasons I'm done with this game.

1. Balancing
2. Horrible maps
3. Loading times
4. Too much of a change from the first one
5. There are better multiplayer games out right now

I don't know how this happened, but this game is basically a reboot to something that didn't need it. The first one was perfectly fine. If there were to be a part 3, will it change as much as this one did? if it doesn't then that's a shame. If any game deserved a true sequel it was GW1.

The new maps are so ugly I don't feel immersed. True balance is something that will never happen with this game. It's just so catered to the new characters.

I loved part one so much I gave this one a chance over and over again. This last patch helped, but it was too little too late. I now know that I will just have a good time and play part one instead of having a * time with this horrible sequel. But I will never return to this disgusting waste of money and time.

So long guys, hope to see you all in GW1.
Message 1 of 23 (1,578 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Well enjoy GW1 while you can because i doubt it will have a big or active playbase with GW2 out right now. Most people that are still playing it are only doing so to get the unicorn chomper or because they just really hate GW2 for some reason.

Message 2 of 23 (1,548 Views)

★ Guide

@superxmario128 wrote:

Well enjoy GW1 while you can because i doubt it will have a big or active playbase with GW2 out right now. Most people that are still playing it are only doing so to get the unicorn chomper or because they just really hate GW2 for some reason.

More like enjoy GW2 while you can. Unfortunately I fear the whole series has been put in jeopardy with the release of GW2. It was not what I was expecting at all.

I couldn't agree more with your points listed above. I'm only playing because I'm a massive fan of the original...that's the only reason. Very disappointing really.

Message 3 of 23 (1,530 Views)

★ Guide

@superxmario128 wrote:

Sorry to disappoint but the servers are still pretty full and contain a fair few L313 players so it looks like nobody is leaving just yet.

Message 4 of 23 (1,527 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The variety of character makes me prefer this one much more compared to the first..

The maps are not well designed but are graphically well done.
This is the not first complain post about the whole game, i think is a little bit overexceeding.

I think despite the flaws devs put a lot of efforts in this game.. and community thinking.. and if you see the patch note you'll understand that they took so long because the situation was extremely hard to handle and could have end-up to being worst with plant dominating 24/7.
Now are dominating but at least seems much more manageable compared to the op-rose time.

Message 5 of 23 (1,522 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It may sound like I'm over reacting, but I was quite fond of the first one. It sounds dumb but it helped me get through some tough times in my life.

I don't want to bash the developers but they really alienated a high percentage of the hardcore gw1 fanbase. It's a shame this happened.
Message 6 of 23 (1,510 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@superxmario128 So not true most of us who have been playing GW for the last couple of years have gone back as it's such a great game which EA should be proud of as it has that one thing which is missing from GW2 "it's so much fun"

The lobbies did have a blip when GW2 came out but it's good to see that most of the old faces have come back plus there's so many new players about which will keep the game alive

Message 7 of 23 (1,471 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Infamousgoose

Im quite dissapointed with it as well.   I think the original feel of GW1 has been totally lost in GW2.   I still play it, though i admit, i find myself falling back to play GW1 more and more.  And there will be a pretty deep player base in GW1 due to the fact that GW2 doesn't work on Xbox360 and PS3 thus all those folks (and there are alot of them) are still playing.

Message 8 of 23 (1,469 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Eyerex wrote:

@superxmario128 So not true most of us who have been playing GW for the last couple of years have gone back as it's such a great game which EA should be proud of as it has that one thing which is missing from GW2 "it's so much fun"

The lobbies did have a blip when GW2 came out but it's good to see that most of the old faces have come back plus there's so many new players about which will keep the game alive

Halleluyah! I completely agree. I went back to GW1 the other day and I had the time of my life. Those few couple of games I played that day were better than all of the 3 or so months I've been playing GW2.

I think people get caught up in the fact the GW2 is the new version therefore it must be better when in reality its about 5 steps down from GW1.

Message 9 of 23 (1,463 Views)

★★ Guide

I really enjoy this game, more so than the first one.  The balancing is being addressed and great strides were made last patch.  The maps are fun but a little chaotic, I do agree with you on the load times they are just bonkers.  Sometimes I get loaded into a game in like 10 seconds other times its 45 seconds, it makes no sense to me.  All and all I am just an average player who is spending more time with this game than overwatch.  I plan on playing for a while too I finally almost have enough stars for the 200 chest and I have yet to finish the gnome quest so that will most likely be next.  The community for this game is also fantastic and generally fun to interact with.

Message 10 of 23 (1,458 Views)